Looking for holsters for SP-101 and MKII

This is a discussion on Looking for holsters for SP-101 and MKII within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I have read a million threads about holsters and I think I am now more confused about what I want... Let me just state ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for holsters for SP-101 and MKII

Question Looking for holsters for SP-101 and MKII

So I have read a million threads about holsters and I think I am now more confused about what I want... Let me just state what I have for guns and see if somone can help me narrow down some options...

For one I am not the slimmest guy at 6'4 and 210#'s although I am still working on loosing another 20...

I have a Rugar MarkII 9mm that I would carry OWB for camping etc. I want a holster that looks nice is easy to position and will not be bulky. I don't want to spend a fortune for one either as money is alittle tight right now.

I am going to be buying a Rugar SP-101 for CC and want to get some opinions for that. Since I live in a open carry state I could still go OWB as if it prints its not a huge deal but would prefer concealed to be conealed; I wonder how much oversize does ones pants have to be to carry IWB and still be comfortable?

For dress I always either am wearing jeans or dockers with a belt. Most of the time I have a t-shirt on under a button up that I wear un-tucked. If I am going for dinner etc. then I wear a button up tucked into my pants.

Thanks all for the advice and help I know this has been beaten a millions times but I am hoping with specific details it might narrow things down a bit.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I have a UGB Holster IWB Canute for my SP 101. You don't need to have much extra in the waist. . I am 5' 11" at 210 and it carries better than most of my autos.

Give him a try. Reasonable prices, quality work, and relatively quick delivery times.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

yikes 8-10 weeks wowzers.... OK so where can I get a cheap OWB so I can start carrying when my CCP comes and place my order with them as it does look like a nice setup for the money.

I have a Milt Sparks PMK for my Ruger SP101. I love it.

http://www.miltsparks.com/images/Photos/PMK_large.jpg

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

VIP Member
    Here's my Haugen OWB rig for my SP101.
    Great work with a great turnaround time.
    Haugen Handgun Leather ::: Quality Handcrafted Leather Goods For The Discriminating Shooter - concealment holsters, hunting holsters, cowboy holsters all hand made
    Attached Images
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member
    I fat fingered the name:

It is UBG Holsters (Ugly Bald Guy )

UBG Holsters

Nate does a most excellent job.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

I carry my SP101 in a smartcarry with two speedloaders and some cash.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Nate is a class act and makes good stuff. There are alot of makers out there who can help you out also.....most are on this board.

Figure out what you want the holster to do, find a maker and design who can help and go from there.

God bless and shoot well
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

RE: SP101

I'm 6'4" 185-195lb, and I've carried in IWB for about six months with a Crossbreed Supertuck. I give up about an inch on my waistband for the holster. It's been a great holster for me thus far. It also allows for the tuckable option if you need the versatility. Order to mailbox was about five days. I have an OWB holster I bought for wearing on the farm/hunting, but I find myself going back to the Supertuck. It might seem pricey at first glance, but I think it's worth every penny.

wow so many good options I hope I don't end up being one of the guys with a hundred holsters lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    Nate is a class act and makes good stuff. There are alot of makers out there who can help you out also.....most are on this board.

Figure out what you want the holster to do, find a maker and design who can help and go from there.

God bless and shoot well

Right there is one of the best, yet Eric never toots his own horn. His company is HBE, check out his stupendous work!

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I prefer kydex for IWB holsters, and am partial to Blade Tech, esp. the Nano, though they don't make one yet for the sp. For me I find semi-autos much easier to IWB due to their flat-sidedness compared to a revolver. For OWB I prefer leather. Simply Rugged, Leather Gun Holster, Concealed carry holster, Simply Rugged!", Proudly made in Alaska makes an excellent pancake holster for sp's. I have one for my 3 incher and it is as easy to conceal as any other OWB. Fine for wear under a jacket or blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post

God bless and shoot well
    Wow, the best (and most humble) holster maker chimes in. I haven't seen ya on the forum for a while Eric! Give HBE Leather a look as well. He can give you exactly what you want and the best quality as well!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

well I pulled the trigger (No pun intended) and purchased the Crossbreed Supertuck in the HorseHide with the J-Hooks I had one heck of a time deciding but decided I wanted the best IWB and I felt this was the one. I have not decided yet on which holster I will be going with for the 1911 but at least I have the SP-101 out of my hair. Now if they would just call me from the gun shop to tell me they have one in :-(

Holster

For a field holster for the Ruger, try looking at Uncle Mikes. They make a plain black nylon holster that covers the gun well, and has a sturdy retention strap to secure it from falling out or getting knocked around.

I can't get all the way into the site. I'm at work and it blocks some stuff. Like this one:
    Uncle Mike's - Holsters

I've had one for 15 years for a .22 Ruger and never had one problem in the woods.

And why should you be any different than the rest of us? You are supposed to have a big box full of old holsters, just like we all do. Try here next: Untitled Document

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links