High Noon Fitment??

High Noon Fitment??

This is a discussion on High Noon Fitment?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys and gals... My CCW of choice is a SIG 239 in .40 with Crimson trace grips. I'm looking at getting a new OWB. ...

Thread: High Noon Fitment??

High Noon Fitment??

Hey guys and gals...

My CCW of choice is a SIG 239 in .40 with Crimson trace grips.

I'm looking at getting a new OWB. Does anyone have any experience with the High Noon family of OWB's? Particularly the Bare Skin or Skin Guard? I really need to know about how close they pull up.

I'm also looking at Rosen 5JR. PRES or the Desbeins #1.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ----------------------------------
    "Let a man never stir on his road a step
    without his weapons of war;
    for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
    of a spear on the way without."

I have the bare skins for 2 Walther p99's one fullsize and the other a compact.

Fit ? After a day or two in a heavy plastic bag the fit is excellent. I like the way the holster protects the magazine release on the trigger guard.

Retention is excellent- I can hang them upside down and shake and the pistols stay put.

Comfort ? With a 1 1/2 inch belt I don't know I'm carrying a firearm.

As for reholstering it is not the best. This is a non reinforced holster and is not designed for rapid reholstering.

bosco

Do they pull up nice and tight to your side? I looking for something I can cover with a sweatshirt.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The compact ( 9mm. )will hide under anything.
    The full size ( .40cal ) will hide well under a loose sweatshirt in the 2 or 2:30 position. Bigger grip on the fullsize.

Holster is well made and looks like it is very durable and will last for years.
    IMHO
    bosco

Anyone have any opinions on the Rosen 5JR. PRES, the Desbeins #1, or the Don Hume H721 O.T.?

These look like descent holsters for decent prices..

Another thing I'm concerned with is the holster lip messing up my CT grips.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by HavOkSIS View Post
    Do they pull up nice and tight to your side? I looking for something I can cover with a sweatshirt.
    Pulling up close to the body would have more to do with a good gun belt then the holster. As long as the holster was not paper thin and a good weight. That said, with a Good gun belt, the Skin line will be high and tight up against your body, a piece of paper could not separate you.

Take Care
    Alex

kpw
    High Noon is good stuff. I owned a Sky High for a Kimber I had. I sold the holster with the gun and I think I miss the holster more. Beautifully made, built like a leather tank and held that heavy pistol high and tight. I'd probably own a few more but the wait times kill me so I just keep searching the classifieds.

I have a Highnoon Skin Guard for a 3 1/2 inch colt 1911 and love it. It sits high and tight and I like the way it carries. I got it to go with my Bare Asset a IWB with clip. The Guard took a little getting use to as I have never had a holster with one and the first few times drawing, bumping the guard leather felt a little funny. But it feels the best of any holster I have had on the hip. It also carries the gun higher then the Galco holster I use for my 5 inch gun and really like it for this.
    Last edited by JAG45; March 3rd, 2009 at 10:54 AM.

High Noon Holster

A couple of weeks ago I received my High Noon "Sky-High" for my P239 SAS .40. It's OWB with a thumb-break. It's the nicest holster I've ever used. As with any new holster, it's going to be stiff at first. The key is going to be a good stiff belt to keep the rig close to the body. I use a Galco 1.5 inch which is just fine for me. I hear Beltman is the guy to go to as well. Once the holster was broken in and started to flex, it molded in to my hip and rode very close. Only took a couple of days.
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Pulling up close to the body would have more to do with a good gun belt then the holster. As long as the holster was not paper thin and a good weight. That said, with a Good gun belt, the Skin line will be high and tight up against your body, a piece of paper could not separate you.

Take Care
    Alex
    The gun belt isn't an issue with me, been riding that train for a while. I usually, well always, wear the wilderness tactical Instructor in a 5 stitch. Love it!! I keep waiting on High Noon to put something similar . There is no question of the quality of High Noon's products, I use the Split Decision and the Hidden Alley with some frequency. Just never had any of their OWBs. I might just have to try out one off the Skin line now... That box-o-holsters is getting fuller!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sponsored Links