Car/truck holster

Car/truck holster

This is a discussion on Car/truck holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm trying to find the right holster for my vehicle. If anyone has any pics of there holster or has any good recommendations that would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car/truck holster

Car/truck holster

I'm trying to find the right holster for my vehicle. If anyone has any pics of there holster or has any good recommendations that would be great.
    "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

What's wrong with the one you normally wear?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Many people will recommend that you never take your gun off your person. In this way your personal holster IS your car/truck holster.

However, if you still want to take your gun out of your personal carry holster and place it in the vehicle, I would suggest checking out Crossbreadholsters.com They are the makers of the highly touted SuperTuck. They also make a mountable holster called the Ohai Pack and Surface Mount Holster.

You could also get a cheap kydex holster and cram it between the seat and console...

My $.02. And the way the economy is going, I'm not sure it's worth that anymore...
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

I currently have a supertuck I would just like something for my car so I can get to it just that much faster and also have the comfort

I don't know maybe it doesn't feel good because I don't have it adjusted right or something but I think its just my personal preference to have it out but in a holster in the car. I mean if I'm going for a real quick drive then no I don't take it out of the hoslter but other than that yes I do take it out.

I just saw on the crossbreed site the Ohai holster, I think this is what I might purchase but I would like some thoughts of course from you all.
    Last edited by Patches25; March 3rd, 2009 at 04:06 AM. Reason: jhg
    "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by coriantan View Post
    Many people will recommend that you never take your gun off your person. In this way your personal holster IS your car/truck holster.

However, if you still want to take your gun out of your personal carry holster and place it in the vehicle, I would suggest checking out Crossbreadholsters.com They are the makers of the highly touted SuperTuck. They also make a mountable holster called the Ohai Pack and Surface Mount Holster.

You could also get a cheap kydex holster and cram it between the seat and console...

My $.02. And the way the economy is going, I'm not sure it's worth that anymore...

thats a good idea thanks for the suggestion.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

what my dad and i have in our trucks are just a regular el cheapo universal holster that we screwed a couple screws through the belt loop side if i remember right into the center consol. Ours are mounted on the inside of the consol.

You didn't state where in the vehicle you wanted it. it doesn't look pretty but it works and is easily changeable to another vehicle or angle or anything like that. We tried velcro but it just doensn't hold as well with florida's heat and "cold" flashes during our "winters". if you're interested i can try to remember to take pictures later. just don't mind the mess if i remember. another nice thing about using the universal is i can put whatever gun i have on me in there. I use the same holster for my 4" .357 security six, 4" XD .45, and my ruger p345.

Just some food for thought, doubt you could do that if you put custom fit one. also a nice idea if you're like me and carry but still keep a truck gun since its faster to pull it out of the center consol vs off my hip while in the truck.

When driving any distance I transfer from my IWB to an Andrews Carjacker attached to the seat belt in my lap. You can also attach it to your belt. Shirt covers it fine and the draw is much faster for me tha IWB.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/carjackerx_c.jpg
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

that andrews thing is cool... How is the retention in that, do you ever have it jiggle out into your lap while driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    what my dad and i have in our trucks are just a regular el cheapo universal holster that we screwed a couple screws through the belt loop side if i remember right into the center consol. Ours are mounted on the inside of the consol.

You didn't state where in the vehicle you wanted it. it doesn't look pretty but it works and is easily changeable to another vehicle or angle or anything like that. We tried velcro but it just doensn't hold as well with florida's heat and "cold" flashes during our "winters". if you're interested i can try to remember to take pictures later. just don't mind the mess if i remember. another nice thing about using the universal is i can put whatever gun i have on me in there. I use the same holster for my 4" .357 security six, 4" XD .45, and my ruger p345.

Just some food for thought, doubt you could do that if you put custom fit one. also a nice idea if you're like me and carry but still keep a truck gun since its faster to pull it out of the center consol vs off my hip while in the truck.
    I would certainly like to see pics of that sometime. Thanks

Dwight D. Eisenhower

okay so again its not the prettiest set up but it works, well for my dad an i it works. Also its set up differently than i described. The velcro is attatched to the inside wall of the center console via screws. then velcro was put on the side of the holster. Actually pretty convenient because it lets you adjust the can't of the gun. If you want it to be more stable screw in 2 pieces of velcro so that you can attach the holster in 2 spots vs 1 like mine is (something i might consider doing one day). flops back and forth a little but nothing major nor does it make noise enough to where a passenger notices it and gives you room to still use it as a storage space.

for some reason i can't use the uploader on here so i had to have it hosted by a host site

Quote Originally Posted by harlee79 View Post
    that andrews thing is cool... How is the retention in that, do you ever have it jiggle out into your lap while driving?
    The retention is good, the guns only coming out if I draw it!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    When driving any distance I transfer from my IWB to an Andrews Carjacker attached to the seat belt in my lap. You can also attach it to your belt. Shirt covers it fine and the draw is much faster for me tha IWB.

Looks practical and easy to draw, but if your in a state that does not allow open carry in a car I would suggest you YELL REAL LOUD to the LEO before he gets to the car window that you are a licensed concealed weapons holder and you are carrying, cause he is going to be really surprised otherwise.

I bet this gets a few "Man with gun" calls from the McDonalds drive thru window too!

Cheap Fobus, couple of screws though the belt clip into the dash and you have yourself a custom in-car holster set-up
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ----------------------------------
    "Let a man never stir on his road a step
    without his weapons of war;
    for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
    of a spear on the way without."

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post

The dude in the picture has HIS FINGER ON THE TRIGGER!!!!!!!!

I have a holster that is clipped to the pocket on the back of my passenger seat (SUV). It is a right hand holster, so the grip is facing me, so if I reach behind the seat I can just grab it from the holster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links