Recommendations for quality Glock 23 holsters

This is a discussion on Recommendations for quality Glock 23 holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for recommendations on quality in the waist band and behind the back holsters for a Glock 23. Any help would be appreciated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for quality Glock 23 holsters

Recommendations for quality Glock 23 holsters

I'm looking for recommendations on quality in the waist band and behind the back holsters for a Glock 23. Any help would be appreciated

2. Remove Ads

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Can I ask why you like behind the back? Seems it would be uncomfortable to sit, drive, slow to draw, and print worse if you had to bend over?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

The only holsters I use anymore are from this guy. The quailty is fantastic and the choice of leathers is great. He has all kinds of exoctics.... He is not cheap but again do you want cheap or do you want quailty?

Holsters - Secret Squirrel Leather
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

I don't particulary like behind the back holsters but they seem to conceal pretty well with shorts and a shirt. The position isn't much slower if at all when you practice. Besides being uncomfortable when sitting I don't like the idea of drawing across my back I believe it is called flagging. I am just getting opinions and ideas and leaving my options open, Thanks

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    thank you. Not trying to start a debate, just curious.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quality might have different meanings for different folks.

For highest quality look at Sparks, HBE, Nossar, Alessi, and 5 Shot. Del Fatti is one of the top few, but has about a 2 year wait and is not taking orders as far as I know.

Others you might want to look at are K&D, TT Gunleather, and UBG.
    There are a lot listed in my post here.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...er-makers.html

Best,
    Jerry

I don't know about "behind the back" but for IWB the K&D Dakota Defender fits me and my G23 like a glove at 4:00 position. I wear this to work everyday "tucked" under a polo shirt and no one has ever given me a second look or asked any questions.

Check out K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories
    Attached Images

I use a CompTac MTAC holster (IWB) with my 23 and I forget it's there sometimes it's so comfortable. Used info on this forum to narrow it down and am very happy with the purchase.

Comp-Tac : Products
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

I bought my boyfriend a holster for his Glock 23 from Eric ( H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks ) VERY NICE! It is black cherry with shark trim. He says it's the most comfortable holster he's had. He says that he forgets it is there most of the time and says it is very stable. Doesn't move at all (unlike his old one). Eric does a great job and is great to work with. Eric also has a very short lead time. By the time I called and ordered it, he had it to me within 2 weeks.
    "Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed." -Lowell Duckett

Search out Fist on the above 'Related Links'.
    I have dozens of them...quality leather, well-made, quick service.
    I have about 6 Fist #41 SOB...actually a small of the back that fits over the kidney with a 'palm out' draw. It's not on the spine...sits at about 5:00 to 5:30.
    Does not print any more that any other holster if you bend or raise your arms...wear longer shirts.
    The weapon sits in the curve of the back, comfortable when sitting, walking, or driving...just have to find the 'right spot'.
    I have several other friends who use this identical carry method...it works for us.
    Not the easiest draw with a seatbelt on, but I plan ahead for that...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Uechi View Post
    I don't particulary like behind the back holsters but they seem to conceal pretty well with shorts and a shirt. The position isn't much slower if at all when you practice. Besides being uncomfortable when sitting I don't like the idea of drawing across my back I believe it is called flagging. I am just getting opinions and ideas and leaving my options open, Thanks
    The Fist 'palm out' draw solves this problem.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tdwood View Post
    I bought my boyfriend a holster for his Glock 23 from Eric ( H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks ) VERY NICE! It is black cherry with shark trim. He says it's the most comfortable holster he's had. He says that he forgets it is there most of the time and says it is very stable. Doesn't move at all (unlike his old one). Eric does a great job and is great to work with. Eric also has a very short lead time. By the time I called and ordered it, he had it to me within 2 weeks.
    She got me the Com III...very nice rig for IWB. If you are looking for a decent SOB holster, try galco they are very nice. mine is a Dillon Precision, but the Galco is easily found on Ebay for cheap and is a very quality item.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Do not spend a ton of $$$ on a fancy leather IWB holster. They are hid from view, no more comfortable than the less flashy ones. My vote is for the Crossbreed. I have tried the VMII & the Highnoon Tail gate - too pricey, too much of a wait, finely crafted and looks fantastic, but is not comfortable with all that bulk. Try a CB first - if you don't like it after two weeks - he will take it back - no questions ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links