Alessi ??

Alessi ??

This is a discussion on Alessi ?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any comments on his holsters?...

Thread: Alessi ??

Alessi ??

Any comments on his holsters?
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

kpw
    Works of art made by a great guy. If you can find them, buy them. I read on another forum that the family is going to keep the business going.

"Any comments on his holsters?"

They are arguably among the best.
    God, country, family.

I've always considered Matt DelFatti to be #1, and Lou Alessi to be #2. Thankfully, there is a new generation of craftsmen who are carrying this standard of excellence forward.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Well, If there were ever a "Grand Pubah" of holster making, I think he was definitely in contending for the position.

He will be missed. I'd buy one of his holsters, If I could find one.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    We will hope that the family, who learned from Lou, can keep the same high standards he established. I am sure they will seek to do so.

I have 2 of his CQC/S holsters on order; one for a Kahr P9, and the other for a 2 inch J-frame. I ordered them last Aug, and Sep so someday I expect to get them and be very pleased.

Regards,
    Jerry

That's good to hear that the family will keep the business going. I have 3 holsters on order. Knowing Lou's standards, I have no doubt that his daughter is up to the task.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    The business is actually being run by four of his longtime employees as Lou's daughter is a student. All orders must be mailed, no phone, e-mail, etc.

From my experience Lou's stuff was always well made functional stuff. He never seemed to be into the more Decorative side of things. But each piece seems to be well designed and properly stitched of good quality material. He always did a lot of LEO and Military stuff. And he designed some of the many popular Concealed carry styles that many copy to this day. They each put their own sort of spin on the basics and add some nice decorative art to them but they take a lot of the root from Lou's designs. His stuff, for the most part, is simplistic but beautifully done.

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    The business is actually being run by four of his longtime employees as Lou's daughter is a student. All orders must be mailed, no phone, e-mail, etc.
    So does this mean that my order I submitted by e-mail almost a year ago is no good any more?
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Just bought an Alessi Body Guard SH from a friend here bout a month ago. Been wearing it constantly with my S&W 19. Very well made, comfortable, conceals the weapon and a very clever snap design. It and the 19-4 are keepers.

Have to post it again. Thanks TwinCarry if you are out there!

RIP Mr. Alessi

Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    Hey Mike,

I placed an order back in May 08 with Lou. He said he I would be contacted when to send in payment. Do you think the order will vanish? Do you think the quality of the holsters will go downhill? Did Lou pass on all of his skills to his workers?

I placed an order in April 2008. I am holding off on contacting them for now.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

My Order

Lou completed my 2 CQ holsters in early winter during his illness. Received them after the Christmas holidays. Both fit my two HK's perfect. We all loss a great person and great holster source.

Being an old guy and with Del Fatti with two year wait, where else??
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    Lou completed my 2 CQ holsters in early winter during his illness. Received them after the Christmas holidays. Both fit my two HK's perfect. We all loss a great person and great holster source.

Being an old guy and with Del Fatti with two year wait, where else??
    My recommendation is either HBE Specialty Leatherworks or TT Gunleather. Partial to HBE but both Eric and Tim are great craftsman and are a pleasure to do business with.

Can't go wrong with either man as they both stand behind their products and their wait is not long and worth it!

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks
    TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

HBE COM III

HBE DC Special. My favotite.

TT IWB
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Links