Looking for advice on IWB

This is a discussion on Looking for advice on IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The PM9 is "borderline" as to whether it should be carried pocket or on the hip. I prefer IWB for this sized gun, check out ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for advice on IWB

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    The PM9 is "borderline" as to whether it should be carried pocket or on the hip. I prefer IWB for this sized gun, check out H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks. Eric offers either pocket carry holsters or belt held holsters either IWB or OWB. Personally, I find that he builds some of the finest leather concealment holsters on the market today.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    The PM9 is "borderline" as to whether it should be carried pocket or on the hip. I prefer IWB for this sized gun, check out H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks. Eric offers either pocket carry holsters or belt held holsters either IWB or OWB. Personally, I find that he builds some of the finest leather concealment holsters on the market today.

I'll second that!!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

rmw
    I ordered a Canute from UBG about a month ago for my PM9 and like it enough I ordered another for my P45 . I am really comfortable with the "VM II" style holster and this guy makes a really nice holster for the $$ and he has a pretty quick turn around time which will probably get longer as more people find out
    UBG Holsters

"I'll second that!" Me too...particularly the Pro TL Tuckable, which conceals my R9.

Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot View Post
    My two methods of carrying PM9, just for your info:

1 generally carry XD anymore (avatar), but still pocket carry my Kahr often in summer on long hot walks. I really like this StellarRigs.com kydex deal. It doesn't depend on friction of pocket; soon as fingers go in between butt and spare mag, pistol pops up into your hand. Super fast. Also, much flatter than the puffy Nemesis.

I also have a D.M. Bullard Dual Carry for IWB (same model as for the XD in avatar); very comfy, great concealment, although I've never had much luck tucking with anything:

- OS
    I there Oh Shoot,I got a email from mrr. Bullard he was finially shipping my holster,days and days later I tracked it through the postoffice tracking.its in Orlando Fla.for the past 2 days,Went from texas,past me in Tennessee,to Fla....now I know why he has free shipping.....it gets there when ever the plane gets around to your part of the country.Sent him emails no reply,and he doesent answer the phone....I guess itll show up some time lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    He just made this one for my Colt Commander,got it 2 days ago,man it wears great.... its a D C Special clip on

Quote Originally Posted by Tn Mitch View Post
    I there Oh Shoot,I got a email from mrr. Bullard he was finially shipping my holster,days and days later I tracked it through the postoffice tracking.its in Orlando Fla.for the past 2 days,Went from texas,past me in Tennessee,to Fla....now I know why he has free shipping.....it gets there when ever the plane gets around to your part of the country....
    Wow. Well, he sends them USPS Priority, generally just takes two days. Not much more he can do on his end to ensure delivery, assuming correct address on it, especially zip code. I've probably shipped 500 packages via Priority in the last 6 or 8 years, only a couple of probs.
    Surely it will show soon.

- OS

I found a Don Hume holster I was interested in, but I thought about grabbing the LH version IWB. It says it's for strong side or cross side draw, but I thought if I got the LH it would allow me to draw palm side out right handed from my right rear side(my back). I don't know why, but I've gotten on a kick to have a back right side IWB holster. I don't have my CCP yet, but I want to be prepared!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links