Defensive Carry banner

pancake leather versus leather scabbard holster

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  kingdaddyoh 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a leather OWB holster, and I see these two different holsters and im wondering which one will be better for concealment. What do you all use for concealing if you use one of these ?

Here's what I mean by pancake holster:

and here's what I mean by a scabbard, which has the second belt loop behind the holster

See less See more
#5 ·
I agree with Bruce Gibson The Bone Broken Bull Rider. :hand5:

Also....If you want to carry a firearm in a raked position AKA firearm canted then you'll need a pancake.
Nothing is really wrong with having a rear slot as long as that loop is quite tight to the main body of the holster and the holster leather is very firm....and...you have a good gun belt. :yup:

I have carried in both and as long as the maker is good and the gun belt is good then I think both styles work fine.

#6 ·
Pancake does pull in tighter. I have a KL Null scabbard for my g23, it does not pull in to the body as tight.

#8 ·
If you can stand the wait, the Sparks I-BAK is one of my favorites, and is priced very reasonably at $85. The problem is that you cannot even order a Sparks holster until next month due to his load.
Milt Sparks Holsters

Eric at H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks has an excellent reputation on these forum for quality and short lead time. You might give him a call. I do not have one of his holsters, but wish I did.:embarassed:
If you don't have a good gunbelt order that also.

The one holster I bought from Fist was excellent. You might give them a try.

Regards,
Jerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.