Galco Royal Guard

This is a discussion on Galco Royal Guard within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a good IWB for my Kahr PM9. I have already gotten some good suggestions, but one that looked pretty nice was ...

Thread: Galco Royal Guard

Galco Royal Guard

I am looking for a good IWB for my Kahr PM9. I have already gotten some good suggestions, but one that looked pretty nice was the Galco Royal Guard. Unfortunately, It doesn't seem like they make this one for the PM9, even though they make it for a lot of other guns. I was wondering if anyone knows if one of the other sizes will fit the PM9 or if anyone knows another holster that is comparable to the Royal Guard.
    Or maybe someone has a suggestion that would be even better. Someone esle sugested the Brommeland's MaxCon V holster. That one really looks nice too. I would love any recommendations. Thanks!
    COGITO, ERGO PORTO

2. Remove Ads

Kramer iwb#2

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    The Royal Guard is essentially a knock off of the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2. I have one of those on order for my PM9. But I ordered it in horsehide, smooth side out.

The Royal guard is a decent holster (have one for my 3 inch Micro Compact 1911 from S.A.), but it really doesn't compare well with the Summer Special 2 (about the same price) that I have for the 5 inch 1911's.

Max Con seems to be a GREAT holster, never heard a negative comment on them (I don't have one.... yet). But to me it seems like a very small gun like the PM9 would be overpowered by a large holster (considered the Versa Max 2). Then again, I originally thought of a Watch Six for it (minimalist holster with offset loops). I may order one yet. And there IS a member here with a Versa Max 2 for his, and he likes it.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Much thanks for the tip. I will go look at the Milt Sparks summer Special 2.
    COGITO, ERGO PORTO

Links