Pleasant surprise a few days ago

This is a discussion on Pleasant surprise a few days ago within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'd relegated my Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Spl. to jacket pocket carry until I get a suitable OWB or IWB holster for it (probably ...

Thread: Pleasant surprise a few days ago

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar

So I'd relegated my Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Spl. to jacket pocket carry until I get a suitable OWB or IWB holster for it (probably an OWB). I have two pocket holsters for it, a Mika and the holster sold by Charter Arms at their store.

Thing is, I'd always felt there was NO WAY I would be carrying this large-ish revolver in my front jeans pocket. But a few days ago, I took it out of the Mika pocket holster (stiff and wide open, for a very smooth draw) and put it in the Charter Arms supplied holster. Noticing it was way thinner and flatter than before, I decided to try slipping it into my jeans pocket where the PM9 had been resting lately. Much to my surprise, it fit! Not only did it fit, it didn't feel any bulkier than the PM9.

It also didn't print worse standing up (it does sitting), but I find even with the stock grips, I can surprisingly carry this thing in my jeans pocket. Slipping a couple of Tuff Products "Tuff Strips" into my other pocket, I am good to go and well armed with a major caliber handgun. Too cool! I also have a set of Pachmyer grips for it, and they are a little smaller. Should disappear even easier.

Yes, there is a weight difference. The PM9 is just under 16 oz. with empty mag, and the Bulldog Pug is 21 oz. empty. But the difference in feel is negligible. And yes, the hammer can catch on the jeans pocket when drawing. But in practice so far, that has not been a problem (of course drawing either while sitting is a near impossibility).

Well, I like options. Glad to know I now have another one!

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Well, I like options. Glad to know I now have another one!
    And a .44 Special is a damn good one! Good for you.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    nice! looks great!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Links