HBE Update

This is a discussion on HBE Update within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Eyebedam They way I read it eric didn't know about the missing orders untill the op contacted him & he found them ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HBE Update

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebedam View Post
    They way I read it eric didn't know about the missing orders untill the op contacted him & he found them behind the TV. I don't really know why you continue to state your case & joy with side guard unless there is something you have against Eric. I've got a small collection of holsters & there all from the Top Holster Makers & will say my HBE Com 3 is my all around favorite. Now I just need to find a good OWB holster since all of mine are iwb. Erica a stand up guy & you will be pleased with the final product when u get it.
    No man... you guys are reading it wrong. I dont know Eric. I have never bought from him. I am positive his product is fine. I have no problem with him. Again, I dont know him.

Please stop trying to make it out like Im bashing the guy. I am not.

Ill leave it alone. If you enjoy his service then great.

I agree, he did not know about the orders until 4 weeks after the order was placed. But, when he found out about the order he did not call the OP to say, "hey man my cat knocked off my orders and I didnt know it was here until just now, your order will be out in 4 weeks if that is acceptable to you".

Instead... another 4 weeks went by (remember the OP saw an advertised ship time of 4 weeks) and the OP had to call about his order.

A call after the first 4 weeks to the OP would have been the proper thing to do. That is all Im saying. Why is that so hard to understand?
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

2. Remove Ads

I've done business with Eric several times and have found his workmanship to be first rate. He has also always kept his commitments to me, even delivering before the expected time. He's also always been very good at communicating, both before and after the sale, assisting in making the best choices, and following up with subsequent info. In addition, Eric does not charge until the order's about ready to ship.

From all I've seen, Eric has taken personal responsibility and corrected any problems which have ever arisen, even when he went through very difficult times. This is in direct contrast to another highly touted holster maker who continued to blame others (including his customers), make excuses, and in general, exhibit a very surly and arrogant attitude, after delays of over two years! And he took payment as soon as the order was placed. I'll never, ever, do business with that guy again.

I would not hesitate in the slightest to do business with Eric, and in fact, plan to place an order this week.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tn Mitch View Post
    I got my DC Special from him Friday,for my Colt Commander,and it was worth the wait,I wore it all day today,to break it in,it is a very comfrotrable holster,very nice,Great job Eric....Thanks
    Own or have owned 5 of Erics holsters and love the DC Special and his COM III the most. Nice holster there TnMitch. Looks like mine.

Eric is a stand up guy who will do you right. He also makes the best holsters out there IMO. Well worth the wait even if it's 6 months, which it is not the case. He has been running about 1 month tops on his orders.

This man has went through hell and came back shining. I love it when the little guy comes back slugging the way Eric has. Keep up the great work Eric. You've got a friend here!

SG

Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Hey guys.....All american...no worries! My cat knocked a file folder behind my bench that was in a stack of them...no way to know it was gone until people started calling..then I found them.

Lee...I dont know what you had ordered, as Im not in the shop currently but I sure the hell hope it goes out on time after this.... :D

Shoot well and god bless......

PS thanks for the kind words.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    Lee...I dont know what you had ordered, as Im not in the shop currently but I sure the hell hope it goes out on time after this.... :D
    Eric, I truly hope you didn't take my post as an attack or derogatory in any way.

I simply wanted to update anyone who might have been waiting for a holster from you to know what had occurred. Simple as that. I thought it might even save you a few phone calls or emails...

I would hope my tone and above posts would indicate to you that I understand its a mistake and I am not holding any kind of grudge.

I am excited about my holsters arriving next week or shortly thereafter.
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    Hey guys.....All american...no worries! My cat knocked a file folder behind my bench that was in a stack of them...no way to know it was gone until people started calling..then I found them.
    Now thats a slightly different twist on the story, good to know.

Thanks Eric. Certainly you know I wasnt beating up on your work. The holsters look great and you have several satisfied customers here.

I simply had a question about that and you answered it with a different twist. Good enough for me.
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Wow,

If there's one thing I've observed from this forum and others, there's really only differing opinions and takes regarding a situation. No right and wrong. We can sit here and castigate and flog individuals for implied slights and wrongs, but really there's no knowing who's right, what happened and all that jazz.

All American, for what it's worth I didn't take your post to be picking a fight. It seems to me you asked a valid question, especially considering Eric's somewhat checkered history brought up ad nauseum on DC. What I was waiting for was Eric's response to this thread. Now that he's posted it seems all good to me.

For a profession so fraught with blown leadtimes and missed expectations, Eric seems to have been EXTREMELY forthright and humble about his mistakes and I for one would have no problem placing an order from him in the near future. ( Just have to have the funds to place the order)

Quote Originally Posted by John OK View Post
    Wow,

If there's one thing I've observed from this forum and others, there's really only differing opinions and takes regarding a situation. No right and wrong. We can sit here and castigate and flog individuals for implied slights and wrongs, but really there's no knowing who's right, what happened and all that jazz.

All American, for what it's worth I didn't take your post to be picking a fight. It seems to me you asked a valid question, especially considering Eric's somewhat checkered history brought up ad nauseum on DC. What I was waiting for was Eric's response to this thread. Now that he's posted it seems all good to me.

For a profession so fraught with blown leadtimes and missed expectations, Eric seems to have been EXTREMELY forthright and humble about his mistakes and I for one would have no problem placing an order from him in the near future. ( Just have to have the funds to place the order)
    Thank you, that is exactly all it was, a question. Id read about the problems in the where is my holster thread. I wasnt even considering that when I originally asked the question. I own a small business myself so I had to ask.

I agree, Eric has been very humble and forthright as I read the other thread. I stated that I didnt have a problem with his work because I have really enjoyed the artistry I have seen from his shop on this very forum.

I intend no malice to anyone here. I hope everyone will understand that. I am here because I enjoy the likemindedness of the people and the holster makers and their wares.

Carry on...
    New tunes added.

Hugs all around.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I guess I have Eric's cat to thank for getting my holster so quick because (s)he got rid of all the orders ahead of mine.

Sorry guys, I'm really not laughing at your misfortune. I feel for you. But I do need to buy that cat some treats....
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I guess I have Eric's cat to thank for getting my holster so quick because (s)he got rid of all the orders ahead of mine.

Sorry guys, I'm really not laughing at your misfortune. I feel for you. But I do need to buy that cat some treats....
    LOL Their delay is your rush!
    New tunes added.

I have two of Eric's holster. His service and quality are both outstanding.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post

Did you pay extra to get your holster faster? Just wondering, because you can get on the top of the list if you pay for it.

I'm not sure why this thread turned into a defense of Eric. Yes, he is great, but I don't want anyone to think there was an attack of Eric here that needs a strong defense.

The fact that these will be my 2nd and 3rd HBE COM3s speaks volumes about his work as it is.
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    Did you pay extra to get your holster faster? Just wondering, because you can get on the top of the list if you pay for it.
    No I didn't. The first holster and mag pouch combo I ordered almost a year and a half ago I did because I was eager and really wanted a holster bad. But the next holster a year ago and the one I just received I didn't because I already have holsters now and I don't feel right jumping in front of others that are waiting.

With this holster, Eric had told me it should be around 4 weeks but play it safe at 6 weeks. I was fine with that. Then I received it 3 weeks after I ordered and couldn't believe it. Now I know why it got here so fast.

R.E. Lee, I never saw this as an attack on Eric. I just saw you providing helpful info to those that are waiting for something from Eric. I read it as "Don't worry, your holsters are on the way!"
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links