HBE Update

This is a discussion on HBE Update within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those who might have placed an HBE order in or around mid-January and have yet to receive your order, I wanted to give a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HBE Update

HBE Update

For those who might have placed an HBE order in or around mid-January and have yet to receive your order, I wanted to give a quick update.

I have (2) COM3s on order from Eric and was waiting patiently (but am definitely anxiously awaiting their arrival) and finally emailed him last week to ask what was up (it having been 8 weeks instead of the advertised 4 weeks)

I called Eric and he said that his cats had jumped on his work table and pushed a few of his invoices off the table and behind the desk into no-man's-land. Apparently my call got him searching and now my holsters are supposed to ship this Friday and I will report back when they arrive.

If you are in a similar boat, he is now catching up on those orders and you all should be seeing your holsters soon enough.
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

2. Remove Ads

My dog ate my term paper once!
    ...T. Ray

Quote Originally Posted by trayzor View Post
    My dog ate my term paper once!
    That was my first reaction as well. That's okay as long as I get my holsters shortly.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

I got my DC Special from him Friday,for my Colt Commander,and it was worth the wait,I wore it all day today,to break it in,it is a very comfrotrable holster,very nice,Great job Eric....Thanks
    Last edited by Tn Mitch; March 10th, 2009 at 03:33 AM. Reason: The pics are side by side!!!

I already have my Com III for my G23 and trust me it is worth the wait.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Have been in his shop, his cat is the boss, and yes was on the work bench! Love my H.B.E. , you wont be disappointed. Nice holster Tn Mitch, that will be my next one.

I already have a few of Eric's COM3s and am absolutely looking forward to the newest additions. I love his work!

I just wanted to fill anyone in who might have been wondering what happened to their orders, as I was.

I ordered in the beginning of January and got mine the other week (end of Feb). Not sure if that happened to me but whatever, it's here and I love it. Pretty damn quick too, all things considered.

Thanks Eric!

Eric's work is worth double the wait. That reminds me that I need to make another order soon!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.Lee View Post
    For those who might have placed an HBE order in or around mid-January and have yet to receive your order, I wanted to give a quick update.

I have (2) COM3s on order from Eric and was waiting patiently (but am definitely anxiously awaiting their arrival) and finally emailed him last week to ask what was up (it having been 8 weeks instead of the advertised 4 weeks)

I called Eric and he said that his cats had jumped on his work table and pushed a few of his invoices off the table and behind the desk into no-man's-land. Apparently my call got him searching and now my holsters are supposed to ship this Friday and I will report back when they arrive.

If you are in a similar boat, he is now catching up on those orders and you all should be seeing your holsters soon enough.

So the cats pushed the invoices off the desk and sat there for 4 weeks? I mean you stated that it was a 4 week wait but now has been 8 weeks so your invoice was behind a table and lost for 4 weeks?

I know stuff happens but I dont find this to be an acceptable excuse for a business.

If I did that to my customers they would freak. So he found the invoice 4 weeks ago and then knew he was 4 weeks behind but didnt bother to call you and tell you what happened 4 weeks ago?

Im not trying to be a downer here but am I the only one who finds this suspect?

Why not just call and update the customer?

It seems the holster builders should be held to their estimated times. I ordered my Side Guards and they were there when I was told they would be. Is that so much to ask?
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

^^ To a certain extent I agree. That said, Eric was very apologetic and I'm not going to hold a grudge for what may or may not have occurred to delay my order.

Would I have liked my holsters 3 weeks ago? Yes. That said, its not the end of the world. Eric is a good guy and very straightforward. I don't think he intentionally delayed my order, but sometimes things happen.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    If I did that to my customers they would freak.
    Since you are a mechanical contractor, you, of all people, should know what it takes to place a "special order" and the lead times involved. I'm fairly certain that you have been placed "on notice" by the primary contractor for not meeting your CPM schedule and probably have been advised of "liquidated damages". Building a holster doesnt require a legal contract like you are aquainted with.

Eric runs a single man operated shop that answers dozens of phone calls a day and still provides top quality merchandise. Taking phone orders and providing a specialized service can create delays in scheduling (I'm sure you can relate). I say, give him a break. I'm almost positive that he will provide a quality product as ordered by the customer and satisfaction will be obtained.

Sounds to me like you have a hatchet to bury.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    Nope, no hatchet to bury. Im simply asking why the guy didnt call 4 weeks ago to tell his customer that the cat caused a 4 week delay in his holster.

FWIW, I too am a one man shop. I have to do the bidding, do the work, do the paper work afterwards etc...

So no, I dont buy it that just because these guys are making holsters they are exempt from keeping up with their clients and keeping them informed.

Like I said, when I ordered my holsters from Side Guard, I was given a time frame and the holsters were delivered in that time frame.

If they were gonna be longer, all I would expect is an email with an explanation. Im not saying anyone should hold a grudge either. Actually, this should serve to help the holster maker on the business side.

Lets not make my post or the issue more than it is.

Im not trying to beat the guy up.
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    Since you are a mechanical contractor, you, of all people, should know what it takes to place a "special order" and the lead times involved. I'm fairly certain that you have been placed "on notice" by the primary contractor for not meeting your CPM schedule and probably have been advised of "liquidated damages". Building a holster doesnt require a legal contract like you are aquainted with.
    Nope, Im not familiar with a CPM schedule and have not been put on notice. My customers call and want a system installed or repaired. I meet with them and find out their needs and do an assesment and load calculation. I then give them 3 options to choose from in a good, better, best scenario. They choose and initial on the contract which option they choose and I collect 65% of the total job right then and there as a deposit. I also set the date that I will perform their installation.

I already know the supply house has the materials because I have called them to price the stuff so I can build my quote.

So I have now deposited the customers check and gone to pick up their materials for the job. I show up on the job and do the install on the day I am scheduled to be there. If there would be a problem, I would call the customer before hand and reschedule. I wouldnt be allowed to wait 4 weeks and then call to reschedule.

So I do the install and then I even give them a year on the labor should a part fail. I collect the balance when I start the system up.

Eric runs a single man operated shop that answers dozens of phone calls a day and still provides top quality merchandise. Taking phone orders and providing a specialized service can create delays in scheduling (I'm sure you can relate). I say, give him a break. I'm almost positive that he will provide a quality product as ordered by the customer and satisfaction will be obtained.

Again, I too run a single man shop. Im not questioning the quality of the work or the satisfaction. I am questioning the 4 week wait before contacting the customer to tell them there is an additional wait and why.
    New tunes added.

They way I read it eric didn't know about the missing orders untill the op contacted him & he found them behind the TV. I don't really know why you continue to state your case & joy with side guard unless there is something you have against Eric. I've got a small collection of holsters & there all from the Top Holster Makers & will say my HBE Com 3 is my all around favorite. Now I just need to find a good OWB holster since all of mine are iwb. Erica a stand up guy & you will be pleased with the final product when u get it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links