UBG Holster

This is a discussion on UBG Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased my first UBG holster. I purchased a used UBG Regulator for my Kahr CW9 from EW3. As is obvious from the pictures ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UBG Holster

VIP Member

UBG Holster

I recently purchased my first UBG holster. I purchased a used UBG Regulator for my Kahr CW9 from EW3. As is obvious from the pictures "used" is means different things to different people. The holster seen in these pictures shows no more wear in person that it does here. I want to say that Nate does excellent work. The Regulator is a top notch holster with first class workmanship. The boning, the dying, and the finish are excellent. Nate has over the past couple of years moved from being a holster maker to being a leather artist. Great work, Nate.

George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

I've been looking at his work, and I must say it looks fine. I might actually get a mag carrier from him soon.

That looks like nice high riding holster. Quick question though...is there a difference in the OWB holsters that have the loops for the belt vs. the ones with slots for the belt?
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Great looking leather...nicely boned!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    I've been looking at his work, and I must say it looks fine. I might actually get a mag carrier from him soon.

That looks like nice high riding holster. Quick question though...is there a difference in the OWB holsters that have the loops for the belt vs. the ones with slots for the belt?
    To educate me, I don't think the holster is a high ride. I have considered that if the top of the holster is even with the top of the belt it is a low riding holster. Is that incorrect?

That holster looks as if the loops are positioned so that the top of the belt would be essentially even with the top of the holster.

It is a good looking holster.

Regards,
    Jerry

I have a Canute coming any day now, hopefully today. Nice holster, Nate does great work.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    To educate me, I don't think the holster is a high ride. I have considered that if the top of the holster is even with the top of the belt it is a low riding holster. Is that incorrect?

That holster looks as if the loops are positioned so that the top of the belt would be essentially even with the top of the holster.

It is a good looking holster.

Regards,
    Jerry
    Good point, after looking at it again this morning I see what you mean. I suppose it just looks small in comparison to some I had looked at during the day, making it seem higher riding.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

The Regulator is actually a fairly low riding holster, which is what I like about it. I've got a couple and I really like them. If you want high ride, Nate's Bonneville is a high ride design, with slots instead of snaps.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by N-frame Smith View Post
    The Regulator is actually a fairly low riding holster, which is what I like about it. I've got a couple and I really like them. If you want high ride, Nate's Bonneville is a high ride design, with slots instead of snaps.
    I much prefer a low riding holster. A high ride makes it more difficult to draw when the cover garment is a shirt with the tail out, and it doesn't suit the range of motion of my old shoulder. If the shirt is long enough the OWB is not difficult to conceal.

Regards,
    Jerry

shes purdy allright....

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I personally wear the Regulator when I don't have to "deep" conceal. If I need "deep", I wear the Canute.

As you can tell, I'm partial to the snaps.

Thanks

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    Quick question though...is there a difference in the OWB holsters that have the loops for the belt vs. the ones with slots for the belt?
    Steve, I really can't answer the question because I have never owned a holster that has the slots. I prefer the snap on holsters because of my work. I have rather unusual hour and wear nice Dockers to work. When I come home I immediately change into a pair of Propper tac pants for wear around the house. They have a belt already in them and it's much easier for me to move the holster by unsnapping and resnapping than having to take the belt out. I like the way my K & D Laredo snap holsters support the pistol and the way they feel. Although I haven't used it much the Regulator has the same feel so I am very comfortable with it.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Steve, I really can't answer the question because I have never owned a holster that has the slots. I prefer the snap on holsters because of my work. I have rather unusual hour and wear nice Dockers to work. When I come home I immediately change into a pair of Propper tac pants for wear around the house. They have a belt already in them and it's much easier for me to move the holster by unsnapping and resnapping than having to take the belt out. I like the way my K & D Laredo snap holsters support the pistol and the way they feel. Although I haven't used it much the Regulator has the same feel so I am very comfortable with it.
    Thanks for the info. I suppose it basically comes down to preference of being able remove or put on the holster without taking off a belt.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

If I had to choose I would choose the slot holsters. I have both. There is a potential problem with the snaps regarding the fit of the belt and the snap loops. Both of my Laredo Defenders for a G26, and one for a compact 1911 would slide on the belt until I glued a thin piece of leather inside the loops. I used RafterS belts which are thicker than almost any other belt.

The Sparks Axiom does not have the problem as I have been able to use it with 1.25 belts although the snap loops are 1.5 inches. RafterS 1.5 belts are too wide for the Axiom, but it works well with the 1.25 and does not slide.

OTOH the holsters with slots seem to tighten up, when the belt is tight, and do not slide even if the belt does not fit the slots tight. I think the slot holsters are a little more versatile as to the fit of the belt and holster.

I do not find it cumbersome to remove or put on a slot holster. I am right handed, and it is just a matter of unbuckling and running the belt through 3 trouser loops. Takes just a few seconds.

Regards,
    Jerry

Nice holster George, nice looking little gun too.

Where did you go to find this "used" UBG holster?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I appreciate how crisp the boning is on his holsters. I bet it really aids in retention. Great find George! Bravo!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links