Business Casual Carry Options (newbie) - Page 3

Business Casual Carry Options (newbie)

This is a discussion on Business Casual Carry Options (newbie) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes there is sweat to worry about. I have found that by wearing a t-shirt under the UC Comfort holster and using good anti-perspriant and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Business Casual Carry Options (newbie)

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Yes there is sweat to worry about. I have found that by wearing a t-shirt under the UC Comfort holster and using good anti-perspriant and whiping the gear down after it is removed I dont have much issue with rust, and we all know that Sigs are rust'a'matics.

It became my primary carry option when the environment prohibited untucking a shirt and wearing a coat all time just want an option. When I'm off duty, I find that its not worn much, as I typically get away with an untucked shirt, but it is the rig that gets the most work for me (and a number of co-workers).
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Steve,

great pictures. I too have to dress business casual at work, and I think you just sold me on the holster. I'm not too big on compact guns (they just don't fit my hands comortably) and I would really like to be able to carry my Sig (P220) with me when I get my CCW. Thanks for the link on what looks to be the perfect holster (for me, at least).
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

I have the same problem. I solved it by at first getting a Kel-tec P-32and then with the R9. With a good pocket holster and the pleated "Docker" style pants no one is the wiser and I am comfortable.
    I had tried the tuckable IWB but that is ducidly uncomfortable while sitting in front of a computer all day. I then went to a Pager Pal which gave me that oh so happy to see everyone look. After trying to hold the end of the pager pal and the Sig 232 I was carrying in it down through my pants everytime I walked by anyone I got fed up and left work early and headed to the nearest gun store. They didn't have any P-3ATs in stock so I bought the only P-32 they had left. Several months later I got the R9. The R9 gets the nod while in the office, occasionaly P-32 if the R9 prints too much in the pants I'm wearing, and the G-23 gets the duty the rest of the time.

I carry a Glock 30 daily, all day, using a belly band with the gun on my strong side, slightly behind my hip; I adjust the 30's grip so that it's over my belt but snug against it. I can tuck shirts over it, wear shirts untucked, etc. I've tried IWB holsters, Thuderwear, t-shirts, pager pal, regular holsters, and IMO, the belly band is ideal for me and for all occassions. The 30 disappears under my shirt. I've even worn it while working out in the gym - under sweatpants with a t-shirt untucked.

Erich..... I was looking at the Pager Pal site today, and the video, which was intriquing. What was the problem you were having with it? You still have it??

John in Henderson, NV
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I had a pager pal and ditched it about a month after buying it. For 1 I dont carry a pager anymore and it just plainly was uncomfortable and worked only with small frame weapons. It may work for others but from the groin area carry of deep cover, I use the Thunderwear/Smart Carry.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links