SuperTuck vs SmartCarry?

SuperTuck vs SmartCarry?

This is a discussion on SuperTuck vs SmartCarry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Silly of me to ask, but anybody have an opinion? I will be carrying a 5" 1911. Thanks, Tom...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SuperTuck vs SmartCarry?

SuperTuck vs SmartCarry?

Silly of me to ask, but anybody have an opinion? I will be carrying a 5" 1911.

Thanks,
    Tom

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    When you say 5" I assume you are saying a full size 1911, which means overall length is over 8". I carry a full size 1911 in a super tuck and it works very well with a dress shirt of a golf type shirt as long as they are not tight. I am also interested in the answer to this question, I got the super tuck because I could not imagine a smart carry would be comfortable with that much gun.

Semper Fi

Although I don't own a Supertuck, I would say go with it.

I do own a SmartCarry, and on occasion have carried my Commander length 1911 in it. For me, even with the 4-1/4" barrel and the grip bobtailed, it is a bit much. I can't see the extra length and a standard grip being comfortable. Although, Charlie, the guy from SmartCarry, uses one and carries a fullsize 1911. Check the pictures on his Web site.

I own both and for accessibility and comfort I would go with the Supertuck with a full sized 1911.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Although concealment is the common objective of both holsters, there are other benefits of each that may help drive the decision. I can only speak to the my situation. Most of my family and social circle are negative to aggressively anti guns. Intimate hugs are part of our greeting and parting behavior. My solution is the SmartCarry. Never been detected as contact with that area of the body is taboo in our culture. I am also able to roughhouse and snuggle with the grandchildren without detection.

I carry an M&P 45fs with it's 10-round clip plus a spare 14-round magazine. Best of all, it permits me to carry with the Procyon weapon light attached.

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I have a full size Sig P220 that works equally well in a SmartCarry or an MTAC (very similar to a Supertuck)...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I carry a SIG P220 carry SAO, in both a Super Tuck as well as the Smart Carry and both are really good rigs and will ad to the ability to excercise another option for all day carry based on your clothing choice for that day.
    It's easier to avoid trouble than it is to get out of it.

Get both!
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

Supertuck
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I own both a Supertuck and Smartcarry for my XDM 9mm (4.5" barrel). With jeans, I find it difficult to carry with the Smartcarry b/c it's difficult to sit down comfortably (a more compact gun would work better). The Supertuck is much more comfortable for me with jeans. (YMMV of course). I haven't tried either with shorts yet.
    Sig .40 P229 DAK
    XDM 9mm
    CrossBreed SuperTuck

I don't get the Smart Carry. Must be pretty damn uncomfortable to have a full size pistol poking at your junk all day long. Proably even worse when sitting down.

Is that a pistol in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

jh225 sez..

I don't get the Smart Carry. Must be pretty damn uncomfortable to have a full size pistol poking at your junk all day long. Proably even worse when sitting down.
    It works like a charm, JH... unless you wear really tight pants, it's an exceptional carry option. The worst part is that the butt of your pistol can sometimes poke you in the belly button when you sit, but it never pokes you in "your junk"...

If you wear pleated slacks in a business environment or cargo shorts to a beach party, the SmartCarry works, and it works without a belt. Being self-employed and living in Florida, a wardrobe of untucked Hawaiian shirts, cargo shorts, and flip flops are de riguere for me... I can carry a full-size Sig P220 45ACP in my SmartCarry and my Taurus PT745 45ACP as a backup in my cargo pocket, without even wearing a belt... just the typical, shuffling Florida old fart...

Armed to the teeth...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh225 View Post

Is that a pistol in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?
    I've heard this a lot on all the forums I frequent. Your premise is false about how it is worn. I must therefore, put your remarks in the category of uninformed opinion.

If you have enough curiosity to try it, you can do so for free as Charlie offers a 60 day return policy if you purchase directly from him rather than from one of his distributors.

Enlightenment will be it's own reward.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post

How can the fabric be trusted to safely cover the trigger? What keeps something from pulling the trigger if it gouges into that area?

I thought the same thing, so I intentionally tried to dry fire both my Sig and my Taurus thru the material... can't be done.

If someone stabs you right in the trigger guard and then slashes sideways, it might go off... but I'm not letting someone with a knife get that close...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links