C. Rusty Sherrick gear...

This is a discussion on C. Rusty Sherrick gear... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At the recommendation of a member at another forum that I frequent, I contacted Rusty and ordered a custom IWB for my P7M8 (made to ...

Thread: C. Rusty Sherrick gear...

At the recommendation of a member at another forum that I frequent, I contacted Rusty and ordered a custom IWB for my P7M8 (made to my own specs; not one of his 'standard' models from off the website).

His stuff seems to be top-notch in terms of construction and design (He uses horsehide exclusively - that's a huge plus in my book already!), but I was wondering if anyone here has any direct experience with his products...

Also, it is worth noting that he seems to be quite a friendly and knowledgable man. He has been great in our conversations and emails back and forth, answering questions and taking into consideration all of my requirements and stipulations regarding what I need out of this holster. I am looking forward to receiving it!

And for those who are curious, he quoted me at 10 weeks (not bad at all, in my experience).

Thanks in advance for any feedback/comments that anyone might have. Just for reference, my current preferred IWB holster is a Del Fatti ISP-4, very closely followed by my "old" trusty VM-2 in horsehide...

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

And for those who are curious, he quoted me at 10 weeks (not bad at all, in my experience).
    Let us know how well he sticks to his quoted time frame.

One maker, Marc Garrity, told me three to four months. I cancelled at nine months, as I got tired of the excuses. I have found Kramer, Rosen and Sparks to be real good about their time frames. I'll stick with them for now.

Biker

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    JB,

C Rusty makes a great product at a great price. His designs are well proven and he gets a lot of input from those who carry daily for a living. He sticks to his delivery times as well. If that isn't enough for you, buying from him also allows you to be sure that your hard earned dollar stays in The Commonwealth.

KD
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

I purchased a High Ride for my PM9 a few months ago and its a great rig. Rusty is a good guy with lots of practical knowledge and his delivery time was spot on for my order.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckledrager View Post
    JB,

C Rusty makes a great product at a great price. His designs are well proven and he gets a lot of input from those who carry daily for a living. He sticks to his delivery times as well. If that isn't enough for you, buying from him also allows you to be sure that your hard earned dollar stays in The Commonwealth.

KD
    +1. I know of several people who are really happy with their holsters.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    I was wondering if anyone here has any direct experience with his products...
    Yes. I have a gun belt and a mag/light carrier of his. Both high quality. By way of A/B comparison, I own a horsehide gun belt from both Sherrick and Beltman. I would put the Sherrick just as good in terms of construction and his finish is just a little better (more even).

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the replies, guys...

I will, of course, post up some pics of the holster when I receive it...

I appreciate the feedback very much!

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

Got my Sherrick in last week; on time and beautiful

He seems to have a good reputation. It does appear that all his pancake holsters are high ride. I don't like high ride holsters, and only buy low ride.
    I realize that is just my preference, and is not shared by most.

Regards,
    Jerry

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Remember that he is a true custom maker and can design a rig to your specs, high vs low, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    Remember that he is a true custom maker and can design a rig to your specs, high vs low, etc.
    Thanks, Mike.

It is interesting what defines a "custom maker." Some, such as Alex Nossar, will make the holster you want. But others will not deviate from the patterns they show on their sites, for example if they do not show or list a body guard they will not make the holster with one. I suppose that in the latter case the term "custom" means custom fit to a particular gun.
    Some are truly craftsmen and make beautiful holsters, but I would not have considered them true custom makers. Some of my favorite holsters are in this category.

Regards,
    Jerry

Compare

Rusty as good as Alessi? He was my favorite holster guy.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Sponsored Links