XD 45 Left-Hand With Retention --- Suggestions?

XD 45 Left-Hand With Retention --- Suggestions?

This is a discussion on XD 45 Left-Hand With Retention --- Suggestions? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am trying to find a left-handed holster for my XD-45. One feature I am looking for is quality retention. If possible, I am looking ...

Thread: XD 45 Left-Hand With Retention --- Suggestions?

Question XD 45 Left-Hand With Retention --- Suggestions?

I am trying to find a left-handed holster for my XD-45. One feature I am looking for is quality retention. If possible, I am looking for a holster that can double up as an open-carry holster as well as a ccw holster with a button down shirt.

I am really trying to focus my attention of the retention holster seeing as I see this as a worthwhile feature. I understand the benefits of quick draw holsters, and I haven't completely ruled them out, but right now retention is what I am aiming for.

Please help me out. I am not seeming to find what I am looking for. Thank you in advance.
    Beretta 92FS

Black Hawk holsters would fit the bill. CCW could be possible with long cut shirt untucked. Otherwise IWB is your only choice.

Muk

I have heard good things about Black Hawk holsters, but have not had a chance to get a hand on it to judge it's build quality. Has anybody on this forum had first-hand experience with this brand?
    Beretta 92FS

I own a Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster. It comes with a Paddle and a Belt Attachment (I almost exclusively use the belt attachment). It is a fantastic holster.

I have only had one problem with it: People keep telling me that I'm going to have problems with it. I'll shoot myself, or a rock or dirt will get in the release and jam it up.

The finger release is intuitive and places your finger along the frame above the trigger housing where it belongs. As far as it getting jammed up, I can visualize how that might happen but not replicate it in real life.

The firearms instructors I train with use them, that is how I got turned on to them.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Yup--Blackhawk. I'm a lefty and generally carry an XD45 and love the CQC model, which has snap belt loops so it is easy to put on and take off.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Black Hawk Serpa is good, I also have an leather Aker Flat sider that I like. Both are OWB holsters, one plastic one leather. I like both.

Galco makes a leather holster called Fletch that is a retention also, I have one of those for a revolver it is nice. But for the XD the 2 I listed are all I have used that have retention.

I have a Don Hume 715 open top for my XD sub, they make that one with a strap but it is a different model number.

Links