Beltman Today

This is a discussion on Beltman Today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I received my 1.5" belt from Beltman. It is just a plain belt, and is what I hoped it would be. I checked to ...

Thread: Beltman Today

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar

Beltman Today

Today I received my 1.5" belt from Beltman. It is just a plain belt, and is what I hoped it would be.

I checked to see if it would fit all my holsters, as my RafterS 1.5" belts will not fit some, including Brommeland Def-Con, any Sparks, and Nossar. It will also not fit my Andrews McDaniel II.

The Beltman 1.5" will fit all my holsters which have belt slots. However, it will not fit the snap loops of the Sparks Axiom or Andrews McDaniel II. It will fit the loops of the K&D Laredo Defender.

I have not found that 1.25" gun belts are a problem with any of my holsters, although all have 1.5" slots. That includes carrying 1911 steel compact (4inch) guns.

Tony has addressed the issue of some maker's belts not fitting Sparks holsters on his site.
    Be aware that all belts and all holsters are not necessarily compatible.

I just wanted to point out that Beltman belts will not fit all holsters. It would be well to ask the makers of the holsters and belts about the compatability of their belts or holsters with other specific maker's products.

Regards,
    Jerry

2. Remove Ads

It should fit your MS if you slide it through the loops instead of trying to snap the loops. I have the same belt and it works great.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30SF View Post
    It should fit your MS if you slide it through the loops instead of trying to snap the loops. I have the same belt and it works great.
    Thanks, but it will not slide through. That kinda defeats the reason for the snap loops in my view. I find the front loop is difficult to snap even with my 1.25" RafterS.

I appreciate the help. I have pretty well settled on 1.25" belts anyway. I find that they support the gun well, and all my pants will accept them.

Regards,
    Jerry

How many inches did you add when ordering?

Congrats on the new belt. Beltman belts are great, been using them for years now! That is strange that it doesn't fit your Sparks holster. Both of my belts fit both of my Sparks holsters but they are the VMII holsters, I guess the loops on the Axiom are set up quite different.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

How long did it take to get yours?

I ordered the Beltman on 07 Feb.

I wear 36 pants, and ordered a 40 size belt. It fits in the middle hole of the 7 hole option, so it has plenty of room for the holsters.

I did not add that it does fit my Sparks ExC. But it doesn't fit the Axiom or the Andrews McDaniel II.

I admit to a little disappointment that it does not fit all my holsters, but as I have said, I prefer the 1.25" belts anyway day in and day out.

Regards,
    Jerry

Speaking on your 1.25" belts, do you notice any difference when carrying with that belt compared to the 1.5" as far stability or weight distribution goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    Speaking on your 1.25" belts, do you notice any difference when carrying with that belt compared to the 1.5" as far stability or weight distribution goes?
    No, but I don't carry a 5" steel 1911. Not sure if that would change things.
    I also use low ride holsters, which adds to the stability. High ride holsters need more support to prevent riding out from the body.
    But I am happy with the 1.25" belts. Not sure why I even bought the 1.5 inch belts.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    No, but I don't carry a 5" steel 1911. Not sure if that would change things.
    I also use low ride holsters, which adds to the stability. High ride holsters need more support to prevent riding out from the body.
    But I am happy with the 1.25" belts. Not sure why I even bought the 1.5 inch belts.

Regards,
    Jerry
    Good to know thanks. As for why you bought it, are you also addicted to gun leather like so many of us on here are haha?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    Good to know thanks. As for why you bought it, are you also addicted to gun leather like so many of us on here are haha?
    I refuse to answer that on some grounds that I have not figured out yet.

Regards,
    Jerry

I ordered the Beltman on 07 Feb.
    Thanks. Sounds like they're a bit behind on the 30-day wait. Probably take a few weeks more for mine.

Links