The best belly band?

This is a discussion on The best belly band? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went back over a year and didn't find any good posts about belly bands. Time to hit the subject up again. I also learned ...

Thread: The best belly band?

The best belly band?

I went back over a year and didn't find any good posts about belly bands. Time to hit the subject up again. I also learned that posts over 1 year old are automatically locked. Cool...

For those who do not know, a belly band is a large elastic strap (about 6 inches wide) that goes all the way around your body. A holster is built into the elastic for holding a firearm.

Some people wear it around their hips. Others wear them around their stomach area (although i've read reports of this causing digestion problems from a few) and some wear them around their chest so that the gun is placed near the armpit.

So, which bellyband is the best out there based on:
    1: quality of construction
    2: design
    3: durability (I've heard of elastic going limp)
    4: etc.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I only have one, I followed the advice of another member. It's an ACE belly band. I think it's very well made but I've not been able to find a way to wear it comfortably. I tried wearing it low but it's a bit uncomfortable because the edges of the material are stiff. Still it's well made and holds a Kel-Tec P3AT very well.

I have a Galco, its tan and is of very high quality. All of the pouches (2 pistol and 1 rectangular) are lined with leather on one side. Makes concealment easy. With that being said it's not really for me and I am looking into selling it to buy some other holster. Basically unused, worn for maybe 15 minutes total and still in original bag. Will sell it for $32.00 plus shipping to you. I also want to sell a Galco quick release tan leather spare mag pouch for 9mm/40 cal steel double stack mags. Also in original package and used for 10-15 minutes. I got it for my GLOCK 26 and its too tight for the ploymer mags. Also selling it for $32.00. Buy for both for $60.00 plus shipping. PM if you are interested

Assistant Administrator
    I bought an Action Direct belly band probably three years ago. Because of my shape it would NOT stay down where I wanted!

I have since found tho it does have some use if needed, by letting it ride high - low chest pretty much.

Downside is, this is black and I'd prefer it was flesh toned so as not to show thru some clothing as much as it can.

It'll never be in regular use, but it is one of ''the box'' members that has it's place now and again if needed. No use to me tho in hot weather - just way too much sweat!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have two of the Action Direct bands mentioned above. I wear them just below my wastline, and they work very well for me.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Links