how should i carry my 380?

how should i carry my 380?

This is a discussion on how should i carry my 380? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have a 380 handgun..and i dont know how i should carry it.. i could buy a purse that is made for that but then ...

Thread: how should i carry my 380?

Smile how should i carry my 380?

i have a 380 handgun..and i dont know how i should carry it..
    i could buy a purse that is made for that but then it takes to long to get out when if i would need it..
    or a side holister?
    i dont know any other option that would work best for me..
    any ideas?

I say look at IWB holsters at the loft tommorow. I dont know about the purses. Just seems like a bad place to carry to me. Even if they are made for it. But its still better then not carrying at all.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

It depends on what you wear. I wear jeans and T shirts and always wear a beth. So I carry with a IWB holster.
    If the gun is small and you have big pockets you could try a pocket holster.
    The troube with carring in a hand bag is if someone grabs the bag they get your gun.

My wife, like many women, does not like belts...so holsters aren't at the top of the list (I'm working on that one for her new Glock-26).

In the meantime, we went into a leather shop and found a small, thin-line (fanny pack) leather pouch. I say fanny pack, but it's not really a fanny pack. It's just think enough to hold the KelTec .32 or the .380...basically the same size.

The .32 sits upside down in the front zippered compartment and an extra mag and her DL/CCW permit and credit card in the back...that's it.

The whole pack is perhaps 1.5 inches in thickness...easily hides under a shirt. She likes it and I like that she is not putting the weapon in a purse...actually she doesn't need her purse now.

You might try looking at leather shops...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

ya i wear just jeans and tshirts also and bels somtimes but..dont really wear something big enough to cover my gun so for now i just carry it in my purse..which i know isnt the greatest idea but maybe a pocket holister would be somehting that would be best..its just so hard to know what to get for me to carry..

try cheackin the "fanny" pack thing ret is talking about, I seen one this weekend as i was looking for a new holster.. they look to be a good option for someone who needs concealment but doesnt have clothes to do it.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    You never mention what kind of gun it is. This could make all the difference. I want to assume it's something small like a Kel-Tec. But it could be anything as large as a HiPoint .380, which is enormous.

What kind of gun is it?

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

its a bursa .380

I would try a fanny pack and get one that is not in black and screams I have a gun. Carrying a pistol in a purse is convenient, but if it gets stolen, there goes your gun.
    God bless our troops!

Appendix carry works for many women and belt slide holsters work well also but depends on your body type.

My wife carries her Bersa 380 in a Minimal Clip in appendix carry position (~ 1 PM). Coat pocket carry with a pocket holster might work for you also.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Links