Maybe a woman can help?

Maybe a woman can help?

This is a discussion on Maybe a woman can help? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well i have a 380 handgun and im not exactly sure how i should carry it.. maybe somebody can tell me how they carry theirs? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe a woman can help?

Smile Maybe a woman can help?

well i have a 380 handgun and im not exactly sure how i should carry it..
    maybe somebody can tell me how they carry theirs? that would help alot.
    thanks.

What model 380? My wife carries her Kel-Tec with the belt clip.

I carry my 380 in a shoulder holster, but it depends on your body type and the type of .380 we are talking about.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Hi Savannah90 welcome to defensive carry site. I carry my beretta 380 in an IWB holster at about 2 or 3 o'clock. Or in a fanny pack if I need to dress up. But that doesn't happen very often .merlin45kout

its a bersa .380

thanks for the help..i think i just need to research more on holisters and look in person..but another thing..when i carry it has to be compleatly covered right?

Absolutely, BTW we all have a drawer or two full of holsters. Finding just the right one can be chore sometimes.
    God bless our troops!

Go to Cornered Cat and you'll find some helpful info. Check out some of the photo galleries in this website "how do you carry" "what do you carry" "revo thread" and others and you'll see a bajiillion pics of how guys carry. What relevance that has for you I don't know but maybe it will give you a push in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    Absolutely, BTW we all have a drawer or two full of holsters. Finding just the right one can be chore sometimes.
    Actually, I solved that problem (for about $8)...perhaps I can give a suggestion here.

I went to K-Mart and bought a hanging shoe tree. It hangs in my closet on the clothes rack next to the safe. It has 10 slots for shoes...I put my holsters in order from top to bottom: Kimber Compact, Kimber Ultra, Glock-36, Beretta, etc...I have the order memorized.

In the top slot I have my 3-4 holsters for my Kimber Compact...second slot, the 3-4 holsters for my Kimber Ultra, etc... This eliminates my having to look through a box or shelf of 3-dozen+ holsters.

Stay armed...works for me...stay safe!

To the OP...a 'small' fanny pack...a real thin one...go to a leather shop and search.
    The other option is a Fist #5 kydex pocket holster (with a thumb push)...see 'Related Links' above...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; March 23rd, 2009 at 01:27 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My wife carries her Thunder 380 in Minimal Clip Appendix carry or The Slide at 4 o'clock or in the Minimal Clip in her purse (the clip connected to an inside pocket).

Hope this helps.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

My wife carried a Bersa Thunder .380 for a while, excellent gun. She is 5'1-1/2" 110lbs, I am not allowed to leave out that 1/2 inch when I talk about her. So she's quite small(petite in her words). She had no trouble carrying it IWB just behind her right hip. She used a CRossbreed Supertuck type holster. I honestly am not sure if it was a Supertuck or an M-tac, but one of those IWB hybrid type holsters.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I don't have a Bersa, but a Walther PPKS, and I also have a Sideguard Quick Clip which I carry about 2- 2:30. I also have a belly band for wearing skirts, etc.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

My wife carries a Kel Tec P11 in a Snap from Side Guard.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Also wanted to mention- you might want to try a holster with a cant- I had a regular one, then got 2 Sideguards (quick clip and double clip) both with a 15 degree cant and they are SO much more comfortable and the guns are better concealed as well. I think the next ones I will get the 20 degree even.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

try corneredcat website.

I have found that the corneredcat site is pretty helpful, there is a lot of good information and insight to a lot of ideas. It's a great site for the females to. So check it out , see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin45k View Post
    Hi Savannah90 welcome to defensive carry site. I carry my beretta 380 in an IWB holster at about 2 or 3 o'clock. Or in a fanny pack if I need to dress up. But that doesn't happen very often .merlin45kout
    This just struck me as kinda funny. I got a mental picture of Angelina Jolie on the red carpet, dressed to the nines for a film preview, wearing a fanny pack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links