CrossBreed must be stepping up their game. - Page 2

CrossBreed must be stepping up their game.

This is a discussion on CrossBreed must be stepping up their game. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty I musta caught the clip on the edge of a chair sitting down and it bent it up,after bending it back ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CrossBreed must be stepping up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I musta caught the clip on the edge of a chair sitting down and it bent it up,after bending it back down It had a weak crease line across the cross points and I knew It wouldn't take another bendee
    How did you manage to bend it back? I'm not good at fix/repair work (ask my wife). I am just not sure how to bend it back where it will grip the belt. Mine is not bent very far.

It must be just me, but i am still waiting on my Supertuck :-(

Ordered it 03/07/09 online
    debit card charged 03/11/09
    Still waiting...

three weeks from date of order is this coming Saturday
    three weeks from date debit card charged is 4/1/09

When should I expect it?
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it is called, Present.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    How did you manage to bend it back? I'm not good at fix/repair work (ask my wife). I am just not sure how to bend it back where it will grip the belt. Mine is not bent very far.
    A pair of needle nose pliers and after bendind down continued twisting pliers to put pressure back on the clip,Better way to fix it is call crossbreed holsters they will send you a new clip, it costs you nothing
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerrt10 View Post
    It must be just me, but i am still waiting on my Supertuck :-(

Ordered it 03/07/09 online
    debit card charged 03/11/09
    Still waiting...

three weeks from date of order is this coming Saturday
    three weeks from date debit card charged is 4/1/09

When should I expect it?
    Check your email, you ordered a belt which adds to the time about a week

Should ship tomorrow or next day

thanks
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

So are the new clips the steel clips that have the cross on them? Are these standard or an upgrade? I was thinking of getting another one for a different gun, but I think I am going to try to trim it down. I sold the last one I bought Because it would jab under my btm rib and bother me. I suppose a razor blade or HD scissors will do the job trimming it.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    So are the new clips the steel clips that have the cross on them? Are these standard or an upgrade? I was thinking of getting another one for a different gun, but I think I am going to try to trim it down. I sold the last one I bought Because it would jab under my btm rib and bother me. I suppose a razor blade or HD scissors will do the job trimming it.

Yes the new clips are the steel ones with the cross in them, but I think they come standard now. Before they came with the Kydex clips
    <><><><><>
    Grass Roots North Carolina
    <><><><><>
    NRA Life Member

Im pretty sure the metal ones come standard now.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

BTW, I love the steel clips with the cross. Nice touch Mark.

I hesitate to admit this, but I have been wearing the holster all day without a gun in it as I am waiting to receive my SR9 from a GunBroker purchase, and because I wanted to get used to the feel before I carry live. It is amazingly comfortable and as I write this I cannot tell I am wearing it.
    Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Ruger SR9 - Crossbreed STD
    Savage 10FP

EW3
    Crossbreed is the only holster maker I've seen that consistently delivers ahead of their promised time.

I ordered a MiniTuck for my LCP and was pleasantly surprised to get it in less than 2 weeks as opposed to the 3 weeks they stated. Same in the past with several SuperTucks.

Crossbreed rocks!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

He's been in it for a long time, has stood where others have fallen, conducts his business honorably, puts out a top-notch product, and makes speedy delivery. +1.

I ordered a Supertuck for my wife's Walther PPS .40 on the 9th and received it along with new steel clips for my Crossbreed Supertuck on the 20th. My 53 birthday. I'm finally getting my wife away from carrying the P3AT .380 and I feel much safer with her carrying the Walther. On a side note, I picked up a Sig Sauer Mosquito .22 LR and by golly it fits the same holster as the Walther like it was made for it. It's not like I'm ever going to carry it for concealed carry but for fooling around on a fishing and plinking it will be handy. Kudos to Crossbreed holsters for a great product and great service.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

I managed to bend the steel clip while putting on the SuperTuck for the first time. There seems to be an inherent weakness where the cross cutout is. The actual amount of steel across the width of the clip is at that point is but 1/3 of the width across the rest of the clip. It makes for a perfect bend point.
    I managed to bend the clip back, but it has been weakened.
    Once I have a quieter moment I will shoot Mark at CB an email.
    I really like the holster! Wears very comfortably. I am still in the process of finding the optimal positioning/retention combination.
    Definitely a great quality product!

Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    I managed to bend the steel clip while putting on the SuperTuck for the first time. There seems to be an inherent weakness where the cross cutout is. The actual amount of steel across the width of the clip is at that point is but 1/3 of the width across the rest of the clip. It makes for a perfect bend point.
    I managed to bend the clip back, but it has been weakened.
    Once I have a quieter moment I will shoot Mark at CB an email.
    I really like the holster! Wears very comfortably. I am still in the process of finding the optimal positioning/retention combination.
    Definitely a great quality product!
    Dood,

The same happened to me. It's a fabulous holster, but the clips are still an issue.

At the range today, I practiced drawing from my SuperTuck while pulling up my sweater. The bent clip caught on the hem of my outer garment SEVERAL times. That's a concern.

Reminds me of Scotty from Star Trek. When asked what his secret was to delivering so much faster than he said he would, he said you always tell people it will take longer than it really should. That way when you deliver early people are even happier, and if some unforseen event causes you deliver later, you've already built in a buffer.

That said, I'm very happy with my Crossbreed Supertuck and Belt and they came in about 2 1/2 weeks when the site was saying 3 weeks when I ordered. I'd rather have them tell me it will be 3 weeks and get it to me in 2 than tell me it will be 2 weeks and have it get to me in 3.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

I got mine in 12 days, & I really like it!
    I bent one of my clips a little too. I'm going to try the needle nose pliers but I'm also going to order a couple more just in case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links