Which shoulder holster

This is a discussion on Which shoulder holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I find that the Galco VHS works best for me when traveling. It hangs straight down and doesn't poke into the seat back and stays ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which shoulder holster

I find that the Galco VHS works best for me when traveling. It hangs straight down and doesn't poke into the seat back and stays comfortable. It works real well when I carry a full size 1911.
    I like the Jackass rig too, just not for driving for me.
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision. -- Unknown

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    go with the galco holster. i wear the miami classic (jackass rig) for the past 20 plus years. they make the best. the problem with shoulder holster is that people tend to go cheap and the cheap ones don't work well.
    Well, I couldn’t agree with you more. I still have the top of the line Galco variant from when I carried my 1911. It was perfect and the fit was awesome. Still, it was a bit silly on my part since I’m a small guy, and I simply didn’t and still don’t have much of a torso to hide the dimensions of the full-size Springfield. It will be a sweet deal when I decide to sell it.
    Regards,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 67GTO View Post
    Are Galco holsters made in the USA?
    Yep as stated, right here in Phoenix, Arizona. Great company and the best off-the-rack leather gear I've purchased. I grew up around the Bianchi family and they use to be my favorite. Depending on the holster, they are still No. 2 in my book. Still, Galco pushed ahead although they are pricy. Of course, the smaller custom shops still provide a better fit. IMHO…
    Regards,

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I got the holster and I am wearing it now but notice it sits a little low when i put it on under t shirt then put the button up on top and it does stick out a little far in the front. so should I order the tie-downs for it and will this help in concealment but when i wear it on top of a polo shirt it sits correct. And last question is should I cut the excess leather off the harness?
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I just got a Miami Classic on ebay for $120.00 after I found out they were made in the USA. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    so should I order the tie-downs for it and will this help in concealment?
    The tie downs will keep the holster in position and help keep the butt from sticking out, so they may help. You can use a couple of shoe strings to simulate the tie downs (minus elastic) which might show if they'll do what you want. That's what I like about the Galco Jackass rig, the rear strap connects to the "tab" under the muzzle which rocks the gun in toward your body helping to keep the butt pulled in without tie downs. It took me a couple of weeks working with the strap adjustment to find the best spot and length, so I wouldn't cut the straps right away unless they're really long. It's not a bad idea to leave a little extra length for later adjustments when you do cut them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links