Which shoulder holster

Which shoulder holster

This is a discussion on Which shoulder holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a holster to use when I go for long drives for my glock 23 and also on nights out with my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar

Which shoulder holster

I am looking for a holster to use when I go for long drives for my glock 23 and also on nights out with my wife and for those late night walmart runs for her that I can just throw on. I have a serpa but driving a camaro with it on is some what uncomfortable so I am looking at a shoulder holster and I have found 2 that im debating on. This will also serve as my winter holster also.My normal CC attire is a t-shirt then a button up shirt over that. So give your thoughts on which one would be better.

Miami Classic Lite 40293 - Classic Lite Shoulder Holster System, Glock, Right Hand, Leather, Natural

or this other one

KEY-140 - Shoulder Holster Glock Holster Black Fits Compact Glocks
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

kpw
    For a decent shoulder holster well under $100, you might want to look at this one Under Armor

The classic lite looks decent but I'm not sure if it has more retention than just the thumbsnap. If it doesn't, that's not good for a shoulder holster.

The other looks like a belt holster adapted to carry with a shoulder harness and I don't like the thumbsnap over the grip.

go with the galco holster. i wear the miami classic (jackass rig) for the past 20 plus years. they make the best. the problem with shoulder holster is that people tend to go cheap and the cheap ones don't work well.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I like the Galco Jackass Rig for an off the shelf shoulder holster. The straps are arranged on the holster so it pulls the butt of the gun in tight and rides at a 45 degree angle. It's different than the Miami.

If you're looking for quick and easy the JA rides well without bothering with tie downs.

For comfort, not style I am a fan of the cotton Kangaroo holster. It's priced low as 30 bucks or so, and can be worn any time. I wear mine every day to work. Its very comfortable with a small to med. frame weapon.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I have a Galco Miami Classic for my XD45, and it is one of the most comfortable ways to carry a full size pistol for me. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive, but leather isn't cheap.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

+1 on the Galco, I carry my 1911 in one 2-3 times a week for 10+ hours...very comfortable.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a
    large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

GKG
    For an off the shelf shoulder rig, you're probably best off with the Galco...
    Geoff & Suzy-If you're reading it, Suzy typed it.
    In Loving Memory of my baby brother Benjamin Ian
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
    "Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security." Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I ordered the Galco Carry Lite and am hoping to put it into fulltime rotation when on trips and driving. Report will follow once I take delivery.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Definitely the Galco. They are the best "factory " holsters out there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Are Galco holsters made in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by 67GTO View Post
    Are Galco holsters made in the USA?
    Made in Arizona and are big NRA sponsors as well.

Have you considered a cross-draw holster? There are some snap-on models (e.g., Garrity's C&D) which you can put on quickly. They're great for driving, and a simple untucked shirt or vest is sufficient for a cover garment. Shoulder holsters seem a bit slow to get installed on your person, and these days the horizontal position of the pistol means a) your muzzle is pointed at people behind you, and b) a piece with a 5" barrel is hard to conceal, and even some 4-inchers aren't much better.

Either of your choices would work, but don't discount a 'vertical' rig...such as the vertical shoulder rig from Fist. (See 'Related Links')
    I have a vertical rig that is pretty comfy, but I don't find myself using it much in FL weather.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 86thecat View Post
    I like the Galco Jackass Rig for an off the shelf shoulder holster. The straps are arranged on the holster so it pulls the butt of the gun in tight and rides at a 45 degree angle. It's different than the Miami.

If you're looking for quick and easy the JA rides well without bothering with tie downs.
    Agreed,
    First thing I put on when home for the evening and I don't take it off until bedtime.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links