Carry Garment Options

This is a discussion on Carry Garment Options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Hawai'ian shirt look went out of style with Magnum PI. I ain't never been accused of being a fashion plate. Actually, what you are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry Garment Options

The Hawai'ian shirt look went out of style with Magnum PI.
    I ain't never been accused of being a fashion plate.

Actually, what you are calling a Camp Shirt I might be calling a Hawaiian shirt, as the cut is very similar. My Hawaiian shirts don't always have a "wild" print either.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

I I usually wear is an opened print shirt, or a larger T-shirt with a wife-beater underneath to keep leather away from the skin.
    Either option with the proper fit, easily covers the sidearm.
    If you've had too much pizza, of course your concealment may be a problem...buy 'bigger'.

Stay armed...keep it concealed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    Summer time or any time in S FL
    Cargo shorts, wife beater, Magnum PI Hawaiian shirt.
    +1 I live in FL also and this works for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I ain't never been accused of being a fashion plate.

Actually, what you are calling a Camp Shirt I might be calling a Hawaiian shirt, as the cut is very similar. My Hawaiian shirts don't always have a "wild" print either.

Biker
    Here's what I consider my summer vibe. If you put on white dress or seersucker slacks and loafers, it goes out to a restuarant. Put on shorts, and you look good at the bar-b-que. Buy the proper fit, and you conceal nicely with a snug IWB like a Super Tuck.

I like Nat Nast and Robert Graham shirts. Here's a Nat Nast:

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Printed or textured fabrics are better than plain, darker colors are better than light. clingy knits are not your friend.
    I also test drive everything in the fitting room with my carry weapon as well.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

For me I believe that the one size large polo option will work out. Sucks that they don't seem to make specialized carry attire for the under 50 demographic.
    Kimber Pro Carry II
    SIG Sauer P229, 238, Mosquito
    Beretta 92FS
    Custom STI 1911
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

+1 on camp shirts. Cabela's always has some in thier Bargain Cave section: Cabela's -- Short-Sleeved Shirts

I recently picked up a couple of these from Duluth Trading Co., which I like a lot, though they are pretty heavy and will probably be too hot when it gets to July or August: Men's Short Sleeve Untuckable No-Polo w/Pocket - Duluth Trading Company

I cruise by the local closeout/discount clothing stores once a month, too, and look for straight-hemmed work shirts, etc.

I do fine in regulars, but some like to get the talls, which provide a little extra coverage, depending on one's build.

I'm in AZ, and 8 months of the year it's light clothing. I carry mostly with belt (OWB) holsters, and either a full-cut dress shirt or a T-shirt one size larger than usual - both worn untucked - offer all the concealment I need. Darker colors are best because any lumps from the gun will appear as shadows on light-colored shirts. Remember, people don't expect you to be armed, so to 99% of the people you'll pass, a slight lumpiness or bulge under a shirt won't trigger seem unusual.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I've dressed like this since I was 15 years old, so making the transition to concealed carry was a breeze for me, and I am able to wear OWB holsters with minimal printing. Only those who look hard enough will be able to tell something is under my shirt.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

IWB, I usually just wear a t-shirt.
    OWB, I will wear a t-shirt and any printed, button up shirt I have.

Just remember to buy 1 size larger shirts and you are good to go.

GKG
    Geoff & Suzy-If you're reading it, Suzy typed it.
    In Loving Memory of my baby brother Benjamin Ian
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
    "Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security." Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links