Anyone have a 5.11 tactical leather belt?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a 5.11 tactical leather belt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know about the quality of a 5.11 tactical leather belt? I was thinking about getting one to you for my raven holster and ...

Thread: Anyone have a 5.11 tactical leather belt?

Does anyone know about the quality of a 5.11 tactical leather belt? I was thinking about getting one to you for my raven holster and G 26?

http://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-bin/tam...%2Flevel3c.tam
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

I use it and love it.

I have no issues to date with the use.

I carry a G22 on it.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Did have one for bout a year then gave it to my daughter for her Glock. For an entry level belt it'll do the job with ease. My only complaint is the finish wears faster than a quality leather belt. Have both a Beltman and a HBE Specialty Leatherworks belts (1 black, 1 brown) and they both look great and are holding up nicely.

IMO you get what you pay for when it comes to a quality holster and belt. Don't skimp on either as they compliment each other when it comes to comfort and longevity, but if money's tight I'd highly recommend it. JMO, and hope it helps.
    Last edited by Sportsterguy; March 29th, 2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: sp
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I have a couple. They will hold your gun fine. They are stiff, etc. Read the reviews on the 5.11 website.

The finish is truly lousy. It cracks and shows the white leather within days. Bummer.

I still use mine for casual/jeans work clothes kinda stuff. You can somewhat repair the cruddy finish by just using some shoe polish to cover the cracks and it doesn't look too bad.

Bottom line is that they are super cheap, but do the job. I suggest you try the Beltman or Tucker. You will pay $$, but get something that will last you for many years.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I started with a 5.11 but it fell apart. I returned it (local dealer) for an exchange and that one lasted about 3 months before the edges started to show white underneath. Now I own an HBE gun belt ... world of difference and more comfort.

The 5.11 belt is a cheap alternative to a custom gun belt. If you can afford it, I recommend either HBE, UBG or Beltman. They all use the same materials and will last you much longer.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I have a 511 Belt and a Galco belt. The 511 is a decent belt for the money. The Galco is nicer but cost twice as much.

heard a bunch of bad reviews so got the Aker Dress Belt (BT-21) from Galls.com instead. Similar price range, nice leather with polymer backing. Haven't seen any complaints but have read some nice reviews from those owning for a few years.

Just got one myself, my first "real" gunbelt. Like it alot so far and I'm carrying a full size all steel pistol (CZ 75)
    Last edited by Ricebrnr; March 30th, 2009 at 02:37 PM.

I have a brown one and the kydex clips on my Crossbreed Supertuck took the brown finish off the first time I wore it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I got 2 free when I ordered my tact. paints. OK for free but would not but one. Way too stiff and crappy fimish..My beltman should be in about 2 weeks . cant wait to compair them..
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I bought a black one like this a couple of months ago.

5.11 TACTICAL® LEATHER BELT WITH DETAIL STITCHING
    Made for everyday, casual, undercover or plainclothes wear. Durable full-grain leather belt has a Permastiff™ insert to provide stability for firearm. Hidden cuff key pocket on the inside, 5.11-branded buckle.

I have not had the finish problem that others have reported and it is certainly stiff enough to comfortably hold my Glock 27 in a Don Hume H721 OT belt holster and my XD .45 Compact in a Hume H720 OT paddle holster.

I eventually want to get a better brand, but this one fit the budget for now. I bought mine at a local uniform shop here in Memphis for $32.

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    I bought a black one like this a couple of months ago.

5.11 TACTICAL® LEATHER BELT WITH DETAIL STITCHING
    Made for everyday, casual, undercover or plainclothes wear. Durable full-grain leather belt has a Permastiff™ insert to provide stability for firearm. Hidden cuff key pocket on the inside, 5.11-branded buckle.

I have not had the finish problem that others have reported and it is certainly stiff enough to comfortably hold my Glock 27 in a Don Hume H721 OT belt holster and my XD .45 Compact in a Hume H720 OT paddle holster.

I eventually want to get a better brand, but this one fit the budget for now. I bought mine at a local uniform shop here in Memphis for $32.

Same here, no issues to date.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

VIP Member
    No problems with mine either. LAPoliceGear still has the special deal going for a free belt with the purchase of tac pants, check it out.

LAPoliceGear
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I really like my belt it fits nice,

VIP Member
    got a black and a brown
    I've worn the black one for almost 2 years, ccw, off-duty, church
    It has some finish rubbing off where my cell phone clips on, but not bad. I can definitely see where the finish wears off, etc, just depends on what your clips are and how hard they rub the belt. Good cheap belt but sure does support my Glock 30 well.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    No problems with mine either. LAPoliceGear still has the special deal going for a free belt with the purchase of tac pants, check it out.

LAPoliceGear
    Yeah, you can't beat that deal. I needed new pants and now I have 3 new pairs of pants and 3 new belts.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

Links