Mission impossible: concealing a Kel-Tec P-3AT on a spandex-clad skinny woman?

This is a discussion on Mission impossible: concealing a Kel-Tec P-3AT on a spandex-clad skinny woman? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, please help a newbie. I've browsed the forum a little, checked out the pics, but most everyone seems to be carrying mid- to full-size ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hello, please help a newbie.
    I've browsed the forum a little, checked out the pics, but most everyone seems to be carrying mid- to full-size guns with jeans and untucked shirts. So do I (5'' 1911).

I have a more difficult problem, however. My 5' 6'' 128lbs wife likes to jog. Spandex pants, tank t-top, sneakers, i-Pod.
    Looking at the cases of women attacked while jogging (below), she naturally got scared and wondered if she could carry something with her, something small and light like a Kel-Tec P-3AT. But, the question is, how do you conceal one while jogging?

I wonder if someone heard of or used some kind of an athletic pouch belt or a gunny sack for a Kel-Tec? Something that would sit tight on her waist or hips (maybe even together with i-Pod - bystanders will think there's just i-Pod there).

Anyone carrying while jogging? If yes, what can you recommend?

Pair Were Attacked on Morning Stroll | LoudounExtra.com | The Washington Post

College student went for a run, never came back - CNN.com

Nicole Ganguzza: Investigators question man in connection with 2008 murder of UCF jogger and UCF student Nicole Ganguzza. -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Ingmar Guandique: Warrant Issued For Immigrant In Chandra Levy Killing

Fanny pack would be a good option. On body and you can carry other things in it. Location in front or strong side.

Note: I-pods are not very good for keeping aware of your surroundings (condition white). If she wears them, have her keep her head on a swivel.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I'm not the biggest fan of fanny packs. Unless this fanny pack has a one-handed release I'm still somewhat skeptical. I have a Glock 26 which is my daily carry CC weapon.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

My buddy has a pocket holster for his Kel-Tec P32. When he wears it with jeans you cannot tell it is a gun, just a little bulge in the pocket. If here jogging clothes have pockets it may not be a bad way to go. Could always get here some of that underwear that has a pocket in the back for concealment if she doesn't have pockets. I don't remember who sells them but I'm sure you can Google it.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

While out for a run, the 642 is snug as a bug in a fanny pack along with my LTC
    (license to carry) enjoying the scenery at 9 O'clock on my hip.
    I think if I were to wear spandex and a fanny people would talk.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Welcome.

Your/her choices are limited. I'd pick a 642 airweight J Frame with regular .38's. I've run a lot of years but most of which were before carrying. I think this situation is PERFECT for the right fanny pack. It may be annoying if you're not used to something flopping on your hip and some fanny packs will. The design of the pack has a lot to do with how it rides. it should be a small fanny pack, just big enough to carry the gun. Also, what the other poster said about IPOD is unfortunately very wise. getting a gun out of a fanny pack is slow at best.

Think about how anyone would attack a woman jogger. They'll either jog by or up along side in joging atire or they'll find some other way to get close, very close. Her most important defense is situational awareness and keeping the right distance between here and everyone else whether they look like a bad guy or not.

Now if you've ever jogged in popular locations, that's just about impossible with folks walking dogs, kids, jogging by etc. But that's the key here, situation awareness and then distance.

I'm not a jogger. Never have been, never will be.

a small auto in a bellyband. Might print. But, would not be too obvious. And, go, 1 size larger and looser on the top shirt.

And I would like to see the look on the bad guys face, when he reliases that, the helpless female victem, he picked out, can kill him. If he lives he'll move to a safer state.

Lead Moderator
    A belly band, fanny pack or similar might work for her. Also , check out holster t shirts ( pocket sewn in ), however she would need to wear a loose fitting top for this option to conceal and access the gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Mace may be a good idea in this situation.

t_bare

Senior Moderator
    I have to suggest a fanny pack too
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Fanny Packs

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I have to suggest a fanny pack too
    Just thinking this through. Don't really know.

But a fanny pack could also give the bad guy a good grip. And deny access to the gun. Isn't the most common situation for an attack on a female jogger, grabbed?

Maybe a small can of mace in the hand. This would allow more options and time to get to the gun>? And practice some moves for a grabbed and struggling situation

I was thinking of a small camera bag with a slender shoulder strap, draped ACROSS her chest. It would be somewhat inconspicuous, and would be difficult to take away from her. This could be worn on a belt too. I have had my Bersa .380 Thunder in a small bag and it does not attract attention. Room for a couple of magazines too!
    "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
    "It's my XD-9 sub-compact!"
    "Good thing 'cause I was beginning to feel sorry for you!!!"

Maybe a pocket clip with the gun IWB of the spandex pants with the tank covering it. If the tank is tight and not very covering, then maybe she could mount the ipod close to it to make it look inconspicuous.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Lightbulb My 2 cents...

Impossible...not really!! Kel Tec makes a "pocket" clip that I have installed on my two KTs...a PF-9 and a P32...

I'm thinking the P32 would be perfect for your wife and her jogging...the combo of the spandex and the clip would hold the weapon tight against her body...the clips come in left and right hand models...the gun weighs like 6.6 ozs unloaded...it holds 7+1 rounds...there is very little recoil associated with the 32acp ( mine feeds, functions and hits point of aim the best with Winchester Silvertips ), and having used my clip in my bootop while running and playing with my dog...it stays put.

Check out Kel Tec

Here's a pic of both...notice the clip on the PF-9 (top)...I don't have a pic of the P32 clipside...but it's the same principal

( BTW...they make the same clip for the P3-AT too...that gun weighs 8.3ozs unloaded. )
    SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

A P-3AT could easily be concealed in an arm band...like an alkle holster but on the arm. Rig something up or have something made.
    I'm not a jogger, but I have seen people to that with radios, etc.

Stay armed...on the arm...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links