Just ordered my first custom holster

This is a discussion on Just ordered my first custom holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rycher.... boy, do I hear that all the time, and like you, just wonder how they can put so much stuff on the walls!! Our ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just ordered my first custom holster

Rycher.... boy, do I hear that all the time, and like you, just wonder how they can put so much stuff on the walls!! Our inside walls look like "swiss cheese"! We are planning a move, and I'll probably spend a week filling in the nail holes with spackle!!

Although... I must say.... when I told her this past weekend that I bought a new revolver, she didnt quibble, just asked where I got the money, heh. I have my own seperate account for my toys, seperate from household, and of course, she's got the AE card!!
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    K-man, it's nice to see such a good attitude...
    I'm sure it will pay off in regards to your business as well...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

I probably "rib" her a little too much. She's not extremely fussy. I handled the last gun aquisition by buying two and telling her one of them was primarily intended dor her for home defense, little did I know she'd take me seriously, she's done layed claim to my new glock 19.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM
    Buying quality holsters is addictive. I do not need any holsters, and have at least one from a top craftsman for each of my carry guns.

But I do not have one of Lou's holsters, and I want one. I hate to buy a gun just to need a holster. Maybe in time I will find a need. I think that if he had a website I would probably have ordered one in the past.

I have never seen one of his current holsters. I say that because I have one that I bought at a gun show years ago. I probably paid less than $5. It is obviously one of his very early holsters, and does not compare with what I see in photos today.

Now, let's see what I might need, or just want.

Jerry
    You can see lou's holsters here. http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm Very nice people to deal with also.

Rycher, what are you carrying in your SP101? I few years back I had a .357 model. After firing about 50 rounds I had a bruise on my palm. That sucker kicked like a mule! I found .38's offered much less punch and better accuracy. Looking back, I wish I wouldn't have traded it in.

I am looking for an IWB holster fro my compact Kimber. I am considering the Andrews Custom leather, MacDaniel II. This seems to offer good concealability and also allows the weapon to ride "higher".

Anyone have experience with this rig?

D-

Devo, I just got the sp101 and haven't even fired it yet, waiting for a day off and a babysitter to take her to the range. I've got a box of 125gr. Golden Sabers I'm going to try for starters. If that feels too punishing I might check into some 38+P offerings. If I can find a good defensive round that groups well, I'll probably just shoot standard 38's for practice and just enough of the carry round from time to time to stay familiar with it.

That Ruger is nice concealible 5 shooter. If I remember right, Ruger had several variations of this revolver, hammered, the bodyguard (with encased hammer), and a "hammerless", a bobless type hammer that would prevent catching on clothing if pulled from a pocket.

Rycher, good luck and happy shooting!

Thanks Devo, Like I said I'm dying to put a few rounds through it. I went with the 3" barrell, with the hammer. I figure I can always have it bobbed later if I don't like current configuration. I've got a Mep night sight for the front but haven't put it on yet. As soon as I get the holster I ordered from Rafters Gunleather for it and try it out at the range I'll start carrying it. I don't really know why I opted to go to a wheelgun for carry, I just checked one out in a local gunstore and felt it calling me.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by devo6684
    Rycher, what are you carrying in your SP101? I few years back I had a .357 model. After firing about 50 rounds I had a bruise on my palm. That sucker kicked like a mule! I found .38's offered much less punch and better accuracy. Looking back, I wish I wouldn't have traded it in.

I am looking for an IWB holster fro my compact Kimber. I am considering the Andrews Custom leather, MacDaniel II. This seems to offer good concealability and also allows the weapon to ride "higher".

Anyone have experience with this rig?

D-
    You want be sorry, Sam does top notch work and is a pleasure to deal with. The MacDaniel II is very comfertable. I have three of them, and they all are great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links