Bulge question?

This is a discussion on Bulge question? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Try sliding it back a little further.It doesn't look that bad in the picture. Like someone else said, you know it's there so it seems ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulge question?

Try sliding it back a little further.It doesn't look that bad in the picture. Like someone else said, you know it's there so it seems a lot worse to you. Tuck your shirt and put up a pic like that.

2. Remove Ads

I found that, for me, appendix carry is the best location to minimize the bulge with tuckable holsters, especially if your abs are somewhat "soft."
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    I dont mean to seem like a jerk, but its called a Concealed Carry. a buldge is a print, and that gets attention.
    Actually, a bulge is not a print. It is a print.
    Lots of things bulge. Lots of US bulge!
    Unless there is the outline of a gun, there is no printing.

As far as the OP, I don't know if printing is a problem in TX. You'll have to check your TX statutes to answer that. In FL, printing is not a legal issue.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I think my body shape's not too different from yours.

I'm glad I bought a highly versatile IWB holster ( a Comp-Tac MTAC) for my fullsize Springfield XD .45, because I had to try about a dozen different variations of location, height and cant until I found the right combination for me.

Thus my experience is leads me to suggest that you experiment until you hit on the right combination for you.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I'm 6ft and 235. Fat. I bought a slimmer gun because I couldn't lose the weight I wanted to lose. Try a Walther PPS, they are slim like a deck of cards. Stay fat bro, put the gun on a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by wine6978 View Post
    I just got my Kholster today and have some questions. I think I have found the place the holster is most comfortable, I know it will take wearing to be sure. My only problem is there is a big ol bulge where my gun is. It is a sig 229, I am 5' 11" about 215lbs trying to drop LBS. Is this gun just to big for IWB, or is there something I need to do different in the way I dress. I normally wear jeans and a button up shirt tucked in.

Any suggestions would help me out alot, or if this is something I just need to get used to let me know!!

O and when I say a bulge it looks like I have a baseball in my belt line. I dunno it may just be me. Ill post pics in a bit!!

Does it look weird or is it just me?
    Dude, don't sweat it. I Open Carry and 99.5% of people out there don't notice that I have a Glock 23 or 4 inch two-tone XD .40 on my hip in the open! No one is going to notice a little bulge on your hip and if they do, they won't automatically think "GUN!"
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Its how you like the balance of the 3C's. Concealment, Comfort, Can I get to it?
    I gave my 2cents on how I would do it. I perfer Concealed the first in priority, Can I get to it? Second, and comfort last.
    Conceal carry is a a balancing act between the three.

Its how you like the balance of the 3C's. Concealment, Comfort, Can I get to it?
    I gave my 2cents on how I would do it. I perfer Concealed the first in priority, Can I get to it? Second, and comfort last.
    Conceal carry is a a balancing act between the three.
    Any we have a WINNER!

I dress like a construction worker/farm hand off duty, so that helps to hide my guns. If I'm wearing a button down shirt, Hawaiian, Camp or Dress it is un-tucked and unbuttoned. I have a T-Shirt of some sort next to my skin. For pants I'll either be wearing Carhartt Pants or Cargo Shorts.

For some people concealed is more of a priority than others. I myself want accessability, then concealment and lastly comfort. If I need concealment as a priority, I wear a suit.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Any we have a WINNER!

I dress like a construction worker/farm hand off duty, so that helps to hide my guns. If I'm wearing a button down shirt, Hawaiian, Camp or Dress it is un-tucked and unbuttoned. I have a T-Shirt of some sort next to my skin. For pants I'll either be wearing Carhartt Pants or Cargo Shorts.

For some people concealed is more of a priority than others. I myself want accessability, then concealment and lastly comfort. If I need concealment as a priority, I wear a suit.

Biker
    Thats just like how I dress... Carhartt pants or cargo shorts. The only difference is I like my shirt tucked in and buttoned up. I might have to just try it un tucked unless I have to have it tucked for a little bit. another thing is I wear my pants kinda tight, I might have to change that.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wine6978 View Post
    Thats just like how I dress... Carhartt pants or cargo shorts. The only difference is I like my shirt tucked in and buttoned up. I might have to just try it un tucked unless I have to have it tucked for a little bit. another thing is I wear my pants kinda tight, I might have to change that.
    Yes, larger size pants will definitely help. Remember, you're adding an inch or 2 to the waistline that normally wouldn't be there. An increase in pants size should cover the growth.

If you tuck you will need to pul out thr shirt to get to your gun so why not go with a T shirt holster? Gun under the arm and out of sight.

It doesn't look that bad to me.
    You might try Kidney carry at about 2-2:30, it works well for me IWB.

VIP Member
    Personally, I don’t think it’s as bad as you perceive. You’ll get use to it and ultimately find your own way with attire and circumstance. I too, have my favorite and somewhat larger pistol, as well as my smaller piece for those lighter dress days.
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by agentmel View Post
    What's the problem? If anyone asks, just tell them you have a baseball in your belt line.

Mel
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I dont mean to seem like a jerk, but its called a Concealed Carry. a buldge is a print, and that gets attention.
    Not so much. A bulge doesn't scream gun like bending over and having the outline of your gun printed under the shirt.

When the shirt is tucked and bloused, no one will notice any bulge except some young hottie checking out your tooshie from a straight square view at the rear.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links