Aker Holster Company?

This is a discussion on Aker Holster Company? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; *Aker Does anyone have any experience with this company? I found them from the sticky mega holsters list. There site states that “they are a ...

Thread: Aker Holster Company?

Aker Holster Company?

*Aker

Does anyone have any experience with this company? I found them from the sticky mega holsters list.
    There site states that “they are a company dedicated to the law enforcement community”

I have been on their site for the past day or so and I have to say they seem to have what I’m looking for in a holster (called XR-2 Natural) as far as price $75.00++, quality, workmanship, construction, security against "gun grabs" for an OWB (Now don’t get me wrong If you approach me in an unsafe manor for harming I will level you’re a&% with out the firearm, years of Aikido & Karate) holster, wet-molded, retention screws and of course most important no wait time to be built, but I do believe in the right to carry and I have done so for about 20+ years)

As my signature reads I’m waiting on my custom holster from Tim @ TT Gunleather… but according to his site he has just started working on orders from Dec 7th to 16th, My order with him is somewhere in February area… See where I’m at, I’m not bashing Tim or any other fine custom manufacturers, that’s the way it is if we choose to go that route.

And from reading through this site most people have wrote they have a draw or box of holsters anyway, so I guess I better get that “draw” ready because I just ordered a Highnoon IWB tester from them.

I was jut wondering what the community thinks.
    PS I have no affiliation with any holster vendor

Thanks,
    Moto
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    They have been around since the early 80s - I have seen their LEO leather and it's always been quite good and high quality.
    I don't know anything about their concealment leather but that one looks like it has good construction.

I have handled some of their concealment stuff, and had a few colleagues who use the Flatsider model. I don't think you'll have any issues with quality if you buy one.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have two of their belts. One black & one brown. They are very nice. Priced right. I've even had a few compliments on their looks. Have been using them with dress pants for over six years and they still look new.

Hope this helps!

Bill
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

I just ordered a holster and mag carrier from them...Well sort of from them. If you call them they say they do not sell to the public. The guy gave me a name of their dealer in California. Name is COPQUEST
    Police Equipment from CopQuest.com - (800) 728-0974
    Made the order on line and they had the holster in stock but the mag pouch was going to be a wait. Good sight though

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upland man View Post
    I just ordered a holster and mag carrier from them...Well sort of from them. If you call them they say they do not sell to the public. The guy gave me a name of their dealer in California. Name is COPQUEST
    Police Equipment from CopQuest.com - (800) 728-0974
    Made the order on line and they had the holster in stock but the mag pouch was going to be a wait. Good sight though
    I saw some Akers holsters in a store some years ago. They looked good to me, but I did not buy one.
    Let us know your assessment when you have a chance to examine it.

Regards,
    Jerry

I use a "Flatsider" for off duty carry. It works fine and has held up for 8+ years. They also make an excellent belt for about $40 at Galls. It is highly recommended.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

i got one or two from them years ago. well made holsters. and have held up well over the years.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

We used them years ago before we went to nylon. I wasn't impressed. Poorly boned, mushy leather. But they might have vastly improved over the years.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Links