Purse made for Carry for my Wife

This is a discussion on Purse made for Carry for my Wife within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I understand there are some specially made purses for CC. Purses with a special pocket to secure the gun. I am looking for one for ...

Thread: Purse made for Carry for my Wife

I understand there are some specially made purses for CC. Purses with a special pocket to secure the gun. I am looking for one for my wife and my mother. Anyone have any recommendations? I am especially looking to either hear from our ladies who own one or from guys that have purchased one for a loved one. My mom is not going to care about style, so long as the purse is well made. My wife will use what works, but she would like to have something that looks nice rather than an "ugly purse".

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

Great website here for concealment purses.

Secure Purse Home - Concealed Carry Purses
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

I'm taking things too literally lately. When I first read this I thought you were going to need an awfully big purse.

You might also check out Galco.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

check out Cornered Cat as well
    The 6 P's
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I just bought a CCW purse for my wife the other day, it will arrive today via UPS. I'll have her chime in when it arrives and maybe she can post up a few pics for you. I think it's made by Coronado.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    just remember the first thing that a robber is going for is the purse my cpl teacher told the ladys that it is not a fgood idea to carry in a purse
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Just an iNet search will turn up various types, that's how a found one for my wife. I did not really like the idea of a gun in a purse, away from the body, so I ended up finding a 'thin' leather waist pouch in a leather shop (not a fanny pack).
    My wife loves the leather pouch, it hides under an untucked shirt, and her weapon is not 'off' the body...makes more sense.

Stay armed...search the leather shops...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    While I agree with what others have said about "off body" carry. I think we need to remember that some women do not dress as us men do, ie: jeans and "T" shirts. I am a firm believer that if your only choice to carry a gun is in a purse, then by all means, do so. Just exercise good SA and use a quality purse that is designed for such use. My wife also has IWB holsters and will mostly use them as her preferred method. I would prefer she carried so if carrying in a purse is her only option due to attire, I support her decision.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

The Galco stuff looks pretty well made.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Coronado Leather is good quality stuff too though
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks folks. My wife already carries in her car. She is a college instructor though and unless Texas changes the law (which they are considering right now ) she cannot carry into her office or classroom. So a purse carry means that she can quickly put the gun in the purse when she gets back in the car if she is going shopping or anywhere else.

I will check into these sites that were recommended -- especially the CorneredCat site. I knew about that site but did not even consider that they would have recommendations for purse carry. DUH! I also was totally unaware that Galco had anything in this line. I already think she would like some of the stuff I see on Secure Purse Home - Concealed Carry Purses And I will look forward to that picture post coming on the one from Coronado.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

I have a Coronado Leather hobo bag and it is very well made. The hardware is great and it comes with a holster already in it. They are pricey but so are good holsters. I want to get one of their new crossbody types since this is more secure. Coronado Leather, makers of handcrafted, concealment leatherwear for law enforcement and those interested in high quality leather jackets, handbags and carrycases for firearm concealment
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

GunGear.com has several purses at very reasonable prices. My wife got one the first of the year along with a fanny pack, she uses it daly. They give her alternate ways to cary if she can't wear her LadyFist holster.

Received my Coronado CC Purse yesterday, its really well made. The zippers are very good quality and work smoothly. The leather is really nice; thick enough to hold the shape and the strap is thick and well connected. There is plenty of room inside for all my "junk", plus whatever my husband thinks he needs me to haul for him. My Taurus Millennium Pro 9MM fits snugly in the included holster, I think I will take the snap straps off, don't need them for that gun. The holster is leather with Velcro on the outside and adjustable in every direction to get the draw angle you prefer. The snap straps are also Velcro so easily adjusted or removed. Has a good-sized zipper pocket and a phone pocket on the inside. The holster area is all Cordura so should wear well and not snag. The zipper for that area is lockable and the key works easily for the days when your coffee buddies have little kids. I practiced the draw for a while last night, plenty of clearance, no hanging up on anything. I think this will work great for times when the outfit doesn't allow for IWB, or shopping and need to try clothes on. Also gives me a place to stash my baby in the public restroom. (Blush) I will be looking to purchase the Coronado Crosscarry bag next, it has a longer strap that I'm sure I will like.

Sponsored Links