Walther P22 IWB holster?

Walther P22 IWB holster?

This is a discussion on Walther P22 IWB holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know about the Uncle Mikes, but does anyone else carry their P22 in the Waistband. If so, which holster do you use?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther P22 IWB holster?

Walther P22 IWB holster?

I know about the Uncle Mikes, but does anyone else carry their P22 in the Waistband. If so, which holster do you use?

Just wondering Why would ya want too?

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I also have the P22, bought it on a whim, just loved the grip and thought it could be a good training pistol for my children. I found a cheap Uncle Mike's belt/field holster but never looked for something to wear it concealed. I carried it one time concealed for a reason and used an OWB holster that night but like the previous post, why would you want to?

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a custom holster for it. If you have the short barrel, then Uncle Mikes makes a holster than can be worn OWB or you reverse the metal clip that and it would be okay for an IWB. It's inexpensive and rather bulky though for IWB.

Good Luck

Gideon

Assistant Administrator
    Like Bud - I must confess to wondering about this as a carry choice!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Agreed on the confusion. Even if it weren't a less than stellar self defense choice, my P22 is the worst feeding semi I have ever owned. Has probably a 10% FTF/FTE rate. Not acceptable in my book.

I'm guessing Gary B. could make you an IWB, but I'd think twice.

Just my $0.02.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I know at least two people who carry them..

And I know at least one custom holster maker who posts on this forum who is fixing to make a P22 rig.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Well, as they say, to each their own. I've found mine to be very picky about ammo and it's only reliable when clean and lubed. Doesn't take but a few mags of some ammo to to mess it up. The best I ever found was Ely match grade .22's. They jammed the least and were very accurate when fired from the 5" barrel. I think it's a good trainer because it does give a young or new shooter the opportunity to clear jams, etc. I did have a .22 w/a light charge go 1/2 way down the barrel and jam but that has nothing to do with the gun. It sounded funny and I checked it. I think the odds of having a .22 do something like this is a lot higher than other ammo, especially if you're just plinking with piles of junk ammo left over from coat pockets and such from squirrel hunts last year.

I will say this, mine has outstanding sights, a great trigger, zero recoil and a wondreful grip for small hands. I mounted a red dot on it for fun and (again) with the 5" barrel it's a lot of fun, however, if I had to do it over again, i'd go with a Browing or Ruger .22 auto.

God Bless

Gideon

No holster recommendations yet? My Taurus PT145 doesn't exactly fit IWB that well, but my P22 will. My USP is even bigger! I carry the PT145 95% of the time, but sometimes I can't wear a big jacket, such as in the summer. Just want to carry something smaller when wearing a t-shirt. I 'm not going to buy another gun, either.
    My P22 is 100% reliable. I know other people have (had) problems with theirs. I shot mine A LOT, and have no probs with it, clean or dirty, using hi-vel ammo. Who's going to walk away from a face full of 22's? No one's going to be wearing heavy/thick clothes when it's 95 degrees out. Obviously, the 22 isn't the best choice.

Have Gary Brommeland make you an IWB for it. He and I have discussed one over the phone a couple of times.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

You could try "rolling your own", in kydex. Just need a couple of pieces of reinforced particle board(or scrapped Al plate), 1" heavy duty closed-cell foam, couple of hinges, and some kydex.
    http://www.knifekits.com/
    http://www.badlandsforums.com/forums/index.php

Place for supplies, and a good site for questions.

I think Kevin over at K & D Holsters has a mold for it - so any of his holsters will work.
    www.kdholsters.com

Although my P22 has been 100% I have heard stories about some bad ones - If thats your only gun then its better than nothing to carry concealed.

Administrator

Judging The Reliability of Any Individual Handgun.

Judging The Reliability of Any Individual Handgun.

While it is true that some models of firearms do have a greater propensity to jam or malfunction due to an inherently poor or flawed design...it's really not possible to judge the reliability of one quality handgun against another of the same manufacture, make and model number.

It's possible for two side by side identical handguns both New In Box & one "off the line" right after the other and only one serial number different ~ to differ radically in reliability.

One may feed and function with 100% reliability and the other might be a total lemon & not function at all.

Each individual handgun needs to be tested for reliability by the "end user/shooter" to determine how reliably it functions.
    Only after the shooter has total confidence in that specific firearm should he/she carry it for the purpose of Self~Defense or protection.

If the shooter seems to realize the limitations of the cartridge & caliber that he or she decides to carry (and your opinion is different) then offer your opinions about that.

Do not assume that because YOUR like/same handgun was very unreliable that another owner of the "same handgun type"...is having your same function problems.

+ 1

When I was thinking about getting my P22 everyone was telling me how horrible they were but I bought it anyway and have had one misfeed (and I think that one was my fault) in over 4000 rounds fired through it so far. I was more concerned about the caliber being carried for CCW.

When carrying the P22 on my wood lot (in case of a vampire squirrel attack ), it's in a High Noon "Mr. Softy". The Skyy CPX-1 (9mm) is my CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by sigma_pete
    vampire squirrel attack
    So much for attempting to be funny! Everyone knows vampire squirrels only come out at night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links