Andrews Leather - Page 2

Andrews Leather

This is a discussion on Andrews Leather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have Sam's saddle holster for my 1911. I bought it mainly for range work with a matching mag pouch. It's an excellent holster that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andrews Leather

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have Sam's saddle holster for my 1911. I bought it mainly for range work with a matching mag pouch. It's an excellent holster that I'll have for years. I too would like to try his McDaniels IWB for me Kahr and I like the fact that you can get different straps so you can use it on different belts from time to time.

I've also drooled over the Max Con IV. If I ever get my micro .45 1911, I'm thinking that'll be the right holster.

Good luck in your search!

God Bless
    Gideon

DC Founder
    I love my Sam Andrews Hybrid Saddle holster

Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    I have a MacDaniels II holster for my Beretta 92/96 series guns....it's nice and comfortable (especially with the sweatshield) and beautifully concealable.

He's a frequent visitor to the Tampa-area gunshows. He's a very nice guy who will happily address a person's questions and needs.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

MacDaniel II

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I just spoke to Sam and he was very courteous and informative. I like the ability of changing the loops to either black or brown for different belt situations. The spring steel under the loop has promised to help keep the weapon close to the body for better concealability. I have a Pro CDP compact and I think I may have found her a new holster!

Thanks again!
    D-

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Anybody looking for a high quality shoulder rig should take a serious hard look at his shoulder holsters.
    No "tie downs necessary" and they don't flop around at all.
    They are super well designed.
    The quality of his leather work is right up there with the cream of the best.
    Just thought I would mention that.
    He's making a double rig for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor
    I am really interested in this rig. can anyone give a report on it? I use a cheap black rig with velcro belt tie downs, I think most have seen them. I like to carry this way, but would like a more concealable and more comfortable rig. I would like the ability to carry two guns, or one gun and spare mags. any input would be appreciated.
    I mainly carry 1911's and occassionally a j frame with CT lasers grips.
    Doc, I find if I carry double I don't need tie downs. Just be sure to take the "slack" out of the rear straps. If carrying single two mags and sometimes a tie own on that side. Sam is making me a double rig now. Hope to get it in several weeks. Got my pistols off being refinished by Birdsong. Hope the pistols and the shoulder rig gets to me close to the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor
    acparmed...thanks a bunch. do you carry a 1911 in your shoulder? and if so what size? You are making it hard to not call Sam.
    Thank you very much.
    Sam is like Burger King you can have it your way.

Quote Originally Posted by David III
    Wow -- I just went to his website. An option is a 10 mag carrier for the off side. Incredible. With that much ammo, even I could actually get a round or two into the target!
    His holsters look very nice.
    And there is always the Urbane Cowboy, can you say Bling Bling?

Quote Originally Posted by devo6684
    I am interested in the MacDaniel II IWB holster. Does Andrews allow for a return for holsters that are found to not "feel" right? I like the look on the web and am quite interested, but I don't want to order a holster that I cannot do a hands on test, first, to make sure it will work for me.

Is it comfortable for warm weather wear? Any suggestions on the ideal belt size for this type of holster?

I appreciate any input.
    D-
    The MacDaniel II is a great holster very comfortable. Sam told me if I didn't like the shoulder rig just call him and send it back. I have three MacDaniel II, I've taking naps while wearing it. I carry sometimes 18 hrs or so. Conceals with just a tee shirt. I put a wife beater on tucked in my pants then my holster and any kind of "cover" works.

Talked to sam Tuesday and he said he had about 12 shoulder rigs on the table and mine was one of them. Now if I can get the pistols back home.

Great Holster

I receive my Monarch Shoulder Rig today and although I had read great reviews of Sam Andrews' work, I still was surprised at the quality. The holster is the work of a fine craftsman that obviously enjoys what he does. You can just tell the amount of effort that went into making it. The stitching, the quality of the leather, everything. I wore it around the house and out for a shopping trip. Comfortable! I showed it to a friend that remembered a Galco I had and he just said "wow", this is so much better. No comparison.

Amazing thread revival - almost 7 years since the last post!

I'm glad you like your new shoulder holster. Welcome to the forum!

Austin

Well I see I'm not the one to bump this thread up but I definitely want to give a +1 to Sam at Andrews Custom Leather. I currently own five of his holsters, three MacDaniels and two pocket holsters. The fit and quality is absolutely first rate and he seems to have an unlimited supply of molds. I like my MacDaniel for both my Kimber Pro Carry 1911 and my S&W Model 60 5". If you're in warm weather (or maybe anywhere else) be sure to get the body shield. I also have the thumb break on the Kimber holster and it fits great and gives me the confidence to carry locked and cocked knowing I can get into action quickly but have that extra barrier between the hammer and firing pin.

I am glad to see that Len reported a recent sale because Sam seems to have stopped attending the Orlando show which is a pretty big show.

I really want to give a shout out for his pocket holsters. I have one for my PPKS and another for my S&W Model 60 3". This last is my most frequent carry combination (I live in Florida) and it is a wonderful option. I just have to shop carefully for shorts with deep canvas pockets and I'm good to go.

I'm going to have to get back with Sam as I am interested in a shoulder holster. I ordered one from him for my GI Beretta as I was in civies for part of my Iraq deployment. I did have some trouble with the dye from the straps staining my shirts (hey, it was 130 degrees on a regular basis).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links