Andrews Leather

Andrews Leather

This is a discussion on Andrews Leather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my MacDanials II in Friday, well it got to my house but I was out of town. Point is, Sam got the holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andrews Leather

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar

Andrews Leather

I got my MacDanials II in Friday, well it got to my house but I was out of town. Point is, Sam got the holster to me in around 4 days. And like all the others that I've gotten from him TOP QUALITY. These are holsters that I've taken naps while wearing. And Sam is a pleasure to talk to. Give Sam a call (386) 462-0576 ,check his holsters out here
    http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Administrator
    Anybody looking for a high quality shoulder rig should take a serious hard look at his shoulder holsters.
    No "tie downs necessary" and they don't flop around at all.
    They are super well designed.
    The quality of his leather work is right up there with the cream of the best.
    Just thought I would mention that.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Thanks QK, I've been looking at a Miami classic, but afraid it would move around too much...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Administrator

Thumbs up Check Out His Monarch

Yep! Sam does great work, and he's a ******* guy, too.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar

shoulder monarch rig

I am really interested in this rig. can anyone give a report on it? I use a cheap black rig with velcro belt tie downs, I think most have seen them. I like to carry this way, but would like a more concealable and more comfortable rig. I would like the ability to carry two guns, or one gun and spare mags. any input would be appreciated.
    I mainly carry 1911's and occassionally a j frame with CT lasers grips.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor
    I am really interested in this rig. can anyone give a report on it? I use a cheap black rig with velcro belt tie downs, I think most have seen them. I like to carry this way, but would like a more concealable and more comfortable rig. I would like the ability to carry two guns, or one gun and spare mags. any input would be appreciated.
    I mainly carry 1911's and occassionally a j frame with CT lasers grips.
    I have had one of Sam's Monarch Shoulder Rigs for several years now and find it very comfortable to wear. The quality is outstanding. The lower backstrap prevents the gun or mags from flopping around. Mine has an additional pouch below the two mag pouches on the off-side that holds my SureFire 6P.

The holster is easy to draw from and the harness has plenty of adjustment to it so that you can wear it low near your waist or cinch it up higher under your arm. The harness is made entirely from leather so you don't have elastic pinching you after wearing it for long periods of time.

It conceals very well under a loose fitting shirt or during the winter I have been known to wear it under my leather flight jacket.

The rig has no tie-downs and doesn't need any. Having no tie-downs makes it easy to get into quickly or to shrug it off when you get home without having to unsnap anything or remove your belt to get it off.

Sam's customer service is top notch. When you call he is always the guy to answer the phone and he is willing to make any adjustments to the rig you think is neccessary for your personal fit.

Needless to say at this point, I'm very satisfied with the Monarch Rig.

I highly recommend it.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    acparmed...thanks a bunch. do you carry a 1911 in your shoulder? and if so what size? You are making it hard to not call Sam.
    Thank you very much.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

1952 - 2006
    I carry both a full size Rock River Arms 1911 as well as a Kimber CDP Compact 1911 in my Monarch.

If you call Sam tell him Bob in Las Vegas sent you his way.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I need to look at his shoulder holsters. I have a Miami Classic (for sale, used once....). The Miami Classic may look good in the movies, but if you want the grip of your gun somewhere in the almost same place maybe, they won't even do that.

Wow -- I just went to his website. An option is a 10 mag carrier for the off side. Incredible. With that much ammo, even I could actually get a round or two into the target!
    His holsters look very nice.

Administrator

oh the 10 mag carrier

you noticed that?

1952 - 2006
    Actually I like his "Firepower Rig".

As he states on the site, "These rigs were originally produced for narcs who wished to make a good first impression on their customers."

That would be a good first and last impression.
    Attached Images

~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

MacDaniel II

I am interested in the MacDaniel II IWB holster. Does Andrews allow for a return for holsters that are found to not "feel" right? I like the look on the web and am quite interested, but I don't want to order a holster that I cannot do a hands on test, first, to make sure it will work for me.

Is it comfortable for warm weather wear? Any suggestions on the ideal belt size for this type of holster?

I appreciate any input.
    D-

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by devo6684
    I am interested in the MacDaniel II IWB holster. Does Andrews allow for a return for holsters that are found to not "feel" right? I like the look on the web and am quite interested, but I don't want to order a holster that I cannot do a hands on test, first, to make sure it will work for me.

Is it comfortable for warm weather wear? Any suggestions on the ideal belt size for this type of holster?

I appreciate any input.
    D-
    I have 2 MacDaniel rigs from Sam. One is the original for my full size 1911 and the other is a II for my Kimber CDP Compact.

I really like it and wear it quite a bit in the summer here in Las Vegas.

I can conceal my full size Rock River Arms 1911 under a baggy t-shirt without fear of 'printing'. (I'm 5'8" and 160).

With the rough side of the leather out it holds it's place and doesn't shift at all. With the steel insert at the mouth of the holster, to keep it open, it makes for easy one-handed reholstering

As for belt loops, you can get, for $5. each, belts loops for 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" belts. You just have to remove one screw and put on whatever size belt loops fit the belt you are wearing today.

As for a hands on feel of them, you'd have to call Sam at the phone number on the website and see what he says. Personally, I've never considered it.

Sam makes and backs up what I consider to be some of the best holsters on the market.

Needless to say, I like his stuff. I have those two as well as 2 Hybrid Saddle Holsters and a Monarch Shoulder Rig.......OH!! I almost forgot the Urbane Cowboy Rig that Sam made for me. Mine is the prototype for what he now sells on his site.

~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links