Need a good IWB

Need a good IWB

This is a discussion on Need a good IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mostly I carry a J frame or a PM9 in the pocket because I find myself having to put the gun in or take it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a good IWB

Need a good IWB

Mostly I carry a J frame or a PM9 in the pocket because I find myself having to put the gun in or take it out a lot before going in restricted buildings. I would like to carry my Kahr P40 IWB. The MTAC looks comfortable but I need a holster that will be easy and quick to put on and take off several times a day. Any recomendations?

wpk
    I use an MTAC for my Kahr CW9. Very comfortable and it isn't really a pain to put it on or take it off. If I enter a restricted area I usually just lock my gun in my car safe and wear the holster empty, it's not uncomfortable and it's convenient to re-arm quickly.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

consider Bullard Dual Carry; the metal clips are pretty quick ...
    Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

Here's my PM9 in one:

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    High Noon Split Decision? I've also got a MTAC, VMII and Dakota Defender (w/velcro clips, VMII w/kydex clips) but for a quick on and off IWB, the Split Decision is good.

You can get many of the Fist IWB holsters with a 'clip'...easy on/easy off...it's all I use now.

See 'Related Links' above...costs nothing to look.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Somebody needs to add CrossBreed.

Plus, if the holster is comfortable enough you could just leave the gun. Much easier in many cases.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    Somebody needs to add CrossBreed.

Plus, if the holster is comfortable enough you could just leave the gun. Much easier in many cases.
    I agree on the CrossBreed.

While it is very easy to put on and take off, it is also so comfortable that I find myself wearing it empty quite often.

Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Just checked out the Fist 41 Small of the Back Clip Holster. If worn at 3 oclock it should be handy while inside a vehicle.
    FIST, INC.
    Not the fastest draw but I have carried in this position before without a holster. The gun stays out of the way when driving and is easy to cover with a shirt tail. Just worry about the draw. Wish I could get my hands on about 20 more holsters to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Powhs View Post
    Just checked out the Fist 41 Small of the Back Clip Holster. If worn at 3 oclock it should be handy while inside a vehicle.
    FIST, INC.
    Not the fastest draw but I have carried in this position before without a holster. The gun stays out of the way when driving and is easy to cover with a shirt tail. Just worry about the draw. Wish I could get my hands on about 20 more holsters to try.
    I have 6+ of that same holster, it is now my primary carry...very comfortable...rides against the right kidney, not on the spine, and the 'palm out' draw is as safe as strong side (check out what the sidearm points at as you draw).
    I can sit comfortably, and in the car...I can get to it.
    With an untucked shirt, one can place his hand on the weapon (ready for the draw), and it just looks like you have a hand reaching for your wallet.

Stay armed... Fist #41...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for info guys. I have been thinking about a palm out holster for some time but never saw one till the Fist41. My friend has a Bullard Dual Carry for his Springfield XP Sub. I want to take a look at it neek week also.

I vote for the M-tac I often carry my P 40 in one it is easy to take on and off, but probably not as fast as holsters with a single spring clip.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    don hume
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

The Don Hume PCCH has two quick pull dot snaps that slip off very easy. I also have a HBE Com III with Snap loops...also very easy to take off.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Crossbreed super tuck
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it is called, Present.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links