Coal creek armory and maxcon v?

This is a discussion on Coal creek armory and maxcon v? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone here has ordered,or bought in person a maxcon v iwb rig from coal creek armory? How was you experiance buying ...

Thread: Coal creek armory and maxcon v?

Coal creek armory and maxcon v?

I was wondering if anyone here has ordered,or bought in person a maxcon v iwb rig from coal creek armory? How was you experiance buying from them and would you do so again?

I've owner a few maxcon v rig's and they are an outstanding holster IMO I'm interested in one for my S&W J-frames thanks for any help.

2. Remove Ads

I've had some gunsmithing work down at Coal Creek, and shoot there about once a month. Pretty pleased with the work they did on a CZ of mime. I've looked at the Brommeland holsters there; while very nice, the Maxcon V SG is $170. Is it really that much better than a quality holster from other top-flight makers? It looks like it was pretty much designed around a 1911, seems like overkill for a j-frame, but thats just one man's opinion. Get what you want.

Distinguished Member
    I purchased from them about a year ago. All went well and they were pleasant to deal with on the phone. Someone from Coal Creek has posted on the forum as well.

I got my Max Con V for an XD9sc through Coal Creek Armory a little over 1 yr ago. It was in stock and I recieved it in 5 days. And that was after ordering it late in the day on a Friday afternoon over a holiday weekend (labor day). I believe they made sure it went out Saturday morning. I had it on the following Wednesday. I was very pleased!!!

I have noticed a price increase on their Brommeland holsters since that purchase, but that was probably from Brommeland and not Coal Creek bumping the price.

They do have some problems with some holsters for certain gun models being in stock at any given moment however, you must remember Gary Brommeland is a one man operation and his holsters are in big demand. However, I believe they get shipments from him on a weekly basis!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I shoot there some, have bought a number of guns from them, live in same town. Owner is active participant on tngunowners.com. Highly recommended biz.

As far as the Brommeland's, most of the ones they have right now are $139.00, so I guess that's the "service grade"?

That Max Con is obviously a highly thought of holster, and I wouldn't mind spending that much, but they just don't suit me.
    1. They are closed on muzzle end, not open.
    2. They are finished in some kind of acrylic, makes them as hard as kydex. Matter of fact you would assume they were kydex if you only felt them with eyes closed.

- OS

Prices were raised around July of last year.
    From their website, current prices for Service Grade...

MAX-CON V SG
    CCA Price - $169.99

DEF-CON SG
    CCA Price - $189.99
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    Prices were raised around July of last year.
    From their website, current prices for Service Grade...

MAX-CON V SG
    CCA Price - $169.99

DEF-CON SG
    CCA Price - $189.99
    I was just there yesterday.

Service Grade is 139.99, just as says on Brommeland site.
    I think CCA site just mixed up service and presentation grade, as the 169 is PG and I didn't see any of those at CCA in person.

- OS

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot View Post
    I was just there yesterday.

Service Grade is 139.99, just as says on Brommeland site.
    I think CCA site just mixed up service and presentation grade, as the 169 is PG and I didn't see any of those at CCA in person.

- OS
    Although the holsters are high, Gary is a superb craftsman, and only one or two others are in his class IMO. One is Alex Nossar.I have two Def-Con holsters, one for a SA Compact, and the other for a Kahr P9. They are as near perfect as holsters can be. I was saddened when he got in trouble with delivery dates.
    I truly hope he has that corrected.

I wondered about the grades by Coal Creek. The P9 I bought directly from Gary, and the 1911 from Coal Creek. After examining both I could not detect any difference. I think I paid the price of the Presentation, but it was listed as service grade. I thought it must be the Presentation Grade. It was before the price increase.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thanks guys souns good.

I have ordered a few Max Con V's from Coal Creek and have been very pleased. Fast turnaround, and an amazing holster with a wait time of a week instead of 2 years.

Well worth the money, IMO.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I also purchased a Max V from them in person and am totally satisfied.
    Was there last week and the prices are now back down to $139. Or, else, I was confused about the prices all along.

Links