Summer Time / Shorts and Fit Tee + Glock 30sf IWB

This is a discussion on Summer Time / Shorts and Fit Tee + Glock 30sf IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Love my Tucker Gunleather - Texas Heritage at 3:30 for my G30. Works for me in the level of dress you have in your OP....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Time / Shorts and Fit Tee + Glock 30sf IWB

Love my Tucker Gunleather - Texas Heritage at 3:30 for my G30. Works for me in the level of dress you have in your OP.
    EDC: Glock 30 IWB Tucker Gunleather - Silent Thunder
    Ruger LCP - BUG in front or back pocket

"In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!"

2. Remove Ads

i mow laws for a living,Smart carry is the way to go,holds my Glock 27 and a spare mag,you dont need to wear a belt or even a shirt,it really works well for me,and the part against your undware,ie special material to repel sweat...works perfect for me,its just my work rig.The rest of the time im a leather holster guy,go to th smart carry web site and check it out,shipps in a few days,really nice people,around $50.00 tax and all.heres mine I work in everyday...I wear cargo shorts baggy,you have plenty of room and pockets,no one will ever know you have it on,wear it around the house the first day to get use to it and find out where to wear it so it conforaable to wear to sit down,you want to wear it low over your junk.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Actually the G26 is a sub-compact and the G30 is either a compact or sub-compact, depending on where you look on the web. The G30 is definitely bigger than the G26, but not quite as big as the G19, so I don't think there's a consensus opinion on its "title."
    yeah, the 30 is dang near the same height/length of the 19...not exact but dang near, which is why I think it should still be called compact, not sub-compact
    LENGTH 172 mm / 6.77 in.
    HEIGHT 121 mm / 4.76 in.

LENGTH 174 mm / 6.85 in.
    HEIGHT 127 mm / 5.00 in.

Originally posted by tns0038 Big difference considering Glock considers both of them as compacts
    the 30 was considered by Glock to be a compact, in line with 19 & 23, but their website has recently changed to show the 29 (10mm, same frame size as 30) and the 30 to be sub-compact, I don't agree with this comparing these 2 with all the other sub-compacts...but Gaston didn't ask for my input
    the 26 is sub-compact
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

NRA

If you're an NRA member, go to the site's Store and you'll find what you're looking for.

If you're not a member, check out www. sportmansguide.com.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Just for grins I decided to make up a spreadsheet that compares the sizes of the various Glock models. Very interesting, here are the models and volumes (in cu. in.):

# Volume
    20 53
    21 53
    34 52
    35 52
    37 48
    17 47
    22 47
    31 47
    30 41
    19 40
    23 40
    32 40
    38 40
    29 38
    36 36
    39 31
    26 31
    27 31
    33 31

The 20 and 21 come in at 53 cu. in., slightly larger than the Tactical/Practical 34 and 35. This is because even though the T/P models have longer lengths, the 20 and 21 are both wider and taller.

The G37 is the largest fullsize (but by only one cu. in.) over the 17, 22, and 31.

Interesting that the G30 is the largest compact (again only by one cu. in.) over the 19, 23, 32, and 38. The 29 is only slightly smaller at 38 cu. in.

The G36 is a full 5 cu. in. larger than the 26, 27, 33, and 39 sub-compacts. This is because it is both longer and taller, even though slimmer (1.13 vs. 1.18).
    Last edited by highvoltage; April 7th, 2009 at 05:35 PM.

RE: Summer Carry

You may want to check out the Galco Summer Comfort holsters. I have an inside the waistband that I find very comfortable and does not print through an untucked hawaiian style shirt. I carry it in front just below and to the right of my belly button.

If you want to get out of the box, I highly recommend a Desbiens Gunleather IWB #4 tailored to your specs.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I wear my G30sf in a Blade Tech Nano at 3:30 or so, (centered on the second belt loop back on a pair of Levi's.), and find it quite comfortable sitting, driving, walking, etc. Reasonably priced, 3 weeks or so wait, good company. I like Kydex for hot weather carry, especially if you spend much time outside. I leather holster soaked with sweat is pretty gross, not to mention hard on the firearm's finish.
    Nano Bobby Mcgee Pro Series NANO IWB :: Competition Series Products :: Blade-Tech Industries

Thanks every one, I'v been checking out some of the holster you have suggested and still have not narrowed it down..

My preference is a 5 / 6 o' clock carry IWB (palm out draw) need some thing with good concealment because I wear fit tees and don't want to worry about sweat being a problem (it is gonna be on my lower back, bound to collect some moisture in hot weather)

Thanks Again!

The G30 is hard to find holsters for. Take a look at the Glock store, they have several options.

GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

Muk

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by runamuk View Post
    The G30 is hard to find holsters for. Take a look at the Glock store, they have several options.

GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

Muk
    Black Ops Glock 30

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksta038 View Post
    Thanks every one, I'v been checking out some of the holster you have suggested and still have not narrowed it down..

My preference is a 5 / 6 o' clock carry IWB (palm out draw) need some thing with good concealment because I wear fit tees and don't want to worry about sweat being a problem (it is gonna be on my lower back, bound to collect some moisture in hot weather)

Thanks Again!
    Check out a Fist #41 for that. You can get it leather or kydex.

I am pretty sure I will get the FIST#41K, it appears to be exactly what im looking for. Their web page is terrible though, I don't like that order form

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Black Ops Glock 30
    Believe me I looked at this and you (being local) are my go to guy for leather. I tried a IWB set up for a week and it looked like a tumor I weigh 160lbs wet. (skinny guy carries a fat gun!)

What do you have for a OWB in a SOB configuration?

Muk

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksta038 View Post
    ....My preference is a 5 / 6 o' clock carry IWB (palm out draw).....
    Just curious....why would you draw palm out and cross the rear of your body, or at minimum the back of your legs, on presentation? Seems like a sure way to shoot yourself in case of an unintentional discharge.

Butt to the left, for a right hander, is just as fast and far safer. The muzzle is slightly angled away from the body as the pistol is brought into position. Think about it and try it with an open mind. I believe you'll see what I am talking about

And before I get flamed, I have discussed this subject with several federal and state LEO firearms instructors. They all concur that the aforementioned style of draw and presentation of a concealed pistol is the safest. Particularly in a real-world defensive situation.

Just my 2 cents worth and looking out for a fellow concealed carry sheepdog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links