Summer Time / Shorts and Fit Tee + Glock 30sf IWB

This is a discussion on Summer Time / Shorts and Fit Tee + Glock 30sf IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Crossbreed Supertuck; you'll love it! I agree, shorts and T-Shirt works real well. Two week trial if it does not work for You return it, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer Time / Shorts and Fit Tee + Glock 30sf IWB

VIP Member
    Crossbreed Supertuck; you'll love it!

I agree, shorts and T-Shirt works real well. Two week trial if it does not work for You return it, Great CS and team.

www.crossbreedholsters.com

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksta038 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for a great holster to carry a glock 30sf with light clothing in hot weather. Price isnt an option, but comfort and concealability are a must.

Thank you
    I THINK i still have a Galco SOB for a G30. I'll drop it in the mail slow style for free if you want it. I've had it for a couple of years and its doing much of nuttin for me. PM me if you are interested.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I don't consider a fitted T to be light clothing for hot weather. I like something a bit looser, with a collar. It not only looks better, but ventilates better. I live 50 miles inland on the Texas Gulf Coast, so I know a few things about heat and humidity.

I don't carry Glocks anymore, and don't carry far behind the hip IWB, so I can't advise further. I did carry a G29, identical in size to a G30, for a while, but not IWB.

Others have tossed out plenty of holster recommendations so I'll just add a few general opinions...

1) I'm not sure how you define "fitted" when it comes to t-shirts but loose clothing is your friend. This doesn't mean you have to look like you're wearing a sack...you can still look decent and carry a full/compact-sized gun. I carry a G19 under shorts and a t-shirt or hawaiian/camp/guayaberra shirt in the summer with no problems.

2) Why do you choose to carry in the manner you specified (5-6, palm-out draw)? Carrying that far behind you requires much more joint-articulation than if you were carrying farther forward...even 4-4:30 would be an improvement.

3) Give some thought to "Appendix carry." In addition to several other advantages, I personally find this to be the easiest way to conceal (provided I don't have to tuck in my shirt).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Check out this extreme high ride holst - C. Rusty Sherrick US High Ride. Untitled Document

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links