I HATE this holster...help

This is a discussion on I HATE this holster...help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a kramer IWB holster for my G19 and it is by far the most painful thing in the world to carry. It feels ...

Thread: I HATE this holster...help

I HATE this holster...help

I have a kramer IWB holster for my G19 and it is by far the most painful thing in the world to carry. It feels like I have tucked a brick into my jeans and it prints to all get out. I cant even stand up straight with out the handle making a noticeable print in through even a leather jacket! My dad gave it to me when I got my Glock and said it worked great, but then again hes only carried a few times in the last few years.

So my question is, what is a better holster? and Is my frame just to big to carry with out a print? (I'm Gimli shaped at 5'6 with a 42in chest) I have a 442 thats been my primary carry for a while now, i just want a little extra at my waist
    Μολὼν λάβε

2. Remove Ads

Did you just jam your "new" IWB into your regular pants and belt?

My suggestions:
    wear a comfortable pair of boxers
    get a decent belt (I suggest a Wilderness Instructor or Aker Dress)
    get a pair of pants that are approx 2" larger at the waist and preferably with a fuller seat.
    experiment with where on your body the holster feels both comfortable and hides the grips the best.

Finally if none of that works for your consider a Crossbreed Supertuck or CompTac MTAC.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zdinnd View Post
    I have a kramer IWB holster for my G19 and it is by far the most painful thing in the world to carry. It feels like I have tucked a brick into my jeans and it prints to all get out. I cant even stand up straight with out the handle making a noticeable print in through even a leather jacket! My dad gave it to me when I got my Glock and said it worked great, but then again hes only carried a few times in the last few years.

So my question is, what is a better holster? and Is my frame just to big to carry with out a print? (I'm Gimli shaped at 5'6 with a 42in chest) I have a 442 thats been my primary carry for a while now, i just want a little extra at my waist
    I have had 2 Kramer IWBs, and I think they are much too bulky. I gave one away, and still have the other. It is a #3 cowhide.
    Almost any IWB by one of the better makers will be better, and not so bulky. My own favorite IWB is a Sparks ExC, but the Sparks VMII seems to be the favorite of most. It is not nearly as bulky as the Kramer I have.

Especially in an IWB thinner is better, but it must not collapse IMO. The Sparks Watch Six is thin, and does not have a reinforced mouth. Some prefer it, and do not express problems with it collapsing.
    Milt Sparks Holsters

Regards,
    Jerry

Thanks alot for the help!! Yes the pants are to big for me to wear without a belt so I got that, my belt is not a specific gun belt buts its nice and thick, not very stiff though. Rice-you hit the nail on the head! its just to bulky, thank you for the great adv ice
    Μολὼν λάβε

Getting an actual gun belt should help too as far as supporting the gun and holster. It will help hold the weapon up better and you can tell the difference once you have one. Also try the Sparks VMII, it has the loops spread out which makes it thinner in the pants than having the straps on top of the gun and it is very comfortable. I use one these for my Hk usp compact and my fullsize 1911 with belts from the beltman and it works great!
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Quote Originally Posted by zdinnd View Post
    . Rice-you hit the nail on the head! its just too bulky, thank you for the great advice
    If the holster itself is a major portion of the bulk then you should definitely consider a kydex (CTAC or Bladetech) or hybrid leather and kydex (MTAC or Supertuck) holster. Imho I don't think you can beat kydex for thinness compared to leather when considering support and reholstering of the handgun.

Look here at Fist holsters...

HOLSTERS

I have dozens of various Fist holsters and they work very well.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The Glock is also part of the issue. You are carrying a brick. They are thick guns. I like the Crossbreed or MTAC for IWB. I carried a 23 and now a 27. A fair amount of time I just carry my 27 OWB in a high ride.

Well you have to be like the majority and work on that box full of holster lol

try a nice kydex holster. i just got done makeing a holster for a guy it is his first kydex. he loved it he was a big leather guy.

If the butt is sticking out the back of your shirt, then you need more cant, too.
    Although there's only so much you can do with a long butted gun.

- OS

Links