LCP Fobus Holster Issue

This is a discussion on LCP Fobus Holster Issue within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I purchased a fobus holster last week for my LCP to do me until my Mika Pocket Holster made it in. I thought I ...

Thread: LCP Fobus Holster Issue

LCP Fobus Holster Issue

So I purchased a fobus holster last week for my LCP to do me until my Mika Pocket Holster made it in. I thought I was rather happy with it, but today I noticed its wearing down the plastic around the trigger guard after only a few times of removing it from the holster. Plus there is white dust accumulating on my gun, I am assuming this is the plastic dust where it is wearing away. This is where the fobus retains the gun....so I am wondering is this normal for this setup? I have a fobus for my 9mm, and dont remember seeing this kind of wear. See attached pic (its much more defined in person, basically it has buffed the plastic texture down to a smooth shiny texture).
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Fobus are ok for what they are...but I would nt use them if I had a choice. Go online to ebay or somewhere...and find you an Uncle Mikes pocket holster or a desantis nemesis or superfly until your Mika comes. I definitely would chuck the Fobus.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I once had a Fobus sent to me from CTD for a Hi Point 9mm I once had. I sent the Fobus back and sold the Hi Point.

I did not like the Fobus at all.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I took yalls advice and returned the fobus this morning. I just cant bear the thought of a holster rubbing the plastic off my $320 gun. With the amount of LCP's they have sold, obviously they are sold out of holsters for it. So I got one of the $12 cheapo nylon holsters and pulled the straps off of it to turn it into a pocket holster. Now before everyone blasts me for that, its only temporary until I get my Mika in. But it actually fits the pocket quite well and is comfortable when I sit down because it has a decent amount of padding.

Links