Galco Belt SB2 vs Wilderness Instructor

This is a discussion on Galco Belt SB2 vs Wilderness Instructor within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi Guys, I just want to share my experience with these two belts for anyone who is considering either. First let me say that I ...

Thread: Galco Belt SB2 vs Wilderness Instructor

Hi Guys,
    I just want to share my experience with these two belts for anyone who is considering either.

First let me say that I actually like both belts. They are both very high quality. I do however like the Instructor better. Here's why...

I'm about 6'2 and weigh 192. I really don't like tight pants or belts. I find the wilderness give me a better fit since I'm not limited to the 1 inch increments imposed by a fixed hole belt. When I carry, I typically wear an untucked golf shirt with a tucked in t-shirt. You never actually see the belt, so the "tacitcal" look of the wilderness is a non issue for me. In fact, it actually looks pretty cool in my opinion so tucked or not, it looks good. The Galco is very thick, and very rigid, which is a good thing, but none of the holes are "Just Right". With the wilderness, I can get that "Just Right" fit.

I HIGHLY recommend the wilderness, and will be buying another for my wardrobe. I also recommend the SB2 from Galco. It is high quality, rigid, and well fitting. My preference of the Wilderness is simply personal preference. Both are fine belts, and neither will break the bank. On a side note, the 5 stitch wilderness is plenty stiff enough. I see no need for the poly insert model.

Oh, by the way, my carry gun is actually pretty hefty. It's a sig p229.

I will also reiterate what all of the smart people around here have been saying for a while. GET A GOOD BELT. When I first got my gun, I was wearing a nice Allen Edmunds dress belt. Now that is actually a $125 high quality dress belt, but it is simply not designed to carry a gun. Since my move to a 1.5 inch belt, carry has been much more comfortable and pleasant.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Wilderness Instructor!!! Almost all my customers I have met have the Wilderness Instructor belts. I even have one.

+1 for Wilderness Instructor belts - great belt, very comfortable and very sturdy.

I also have a Beltman Horsehide - also an amazing belt.

I reckon in my opinion, the Wilderness Belt is a little easier to manage and is a hair for flexible, but the Beltman is top quality for sure.
    Glock 19
    Springfield XD45
    Para Ord SF-45-A

Being a victim is a choice, it doesn't have to be yours - Support Concealed Carry on Campus

kpw
    I have a couple Wilderness, one 5 stitch and one CSM. I actually like the CSM better except when carrying IWB. Great belts. I aslo have a Galco Instructors and an Uncle Mike's. They are ok, but the Wilderness are just better quality. Well worth the extra few bucks. I also like my UBG belts.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I've used the Wilderness since I first started to carry. I don't think you can beat it unless you need something for dress-up.

I've had a 1.5" 5 stitch in coyote brown for two or three years, it's slightly less tactical looking than the black and it's still holding up just fine. I'm curious about the Ti buckle they offer now, one of these days I'll break down and order one to try out but it's below "ammo" and "mags" on my shopping list.

The adjustable feature is great too, I always make sure I wear that belt during the Holidays when I KNOW I'll be overeating ... my wife calls it my "buffet belt."
    Jack

Another Wilderness fan here! I like mine so much that I wear mine all the time. I can't carry at work but I wear it anyway!

Sponsored Links