Beltman - Curb your expectations

This is a discussion on Beltman - Curb your expectations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guess they make good belts, I wouldn't know. Their site says shipment is approximately 30 days from your order date. I'm about 2days from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beltman - Curb your expectations

I guess they make good belts, I wouldn't know. Their site says shipment is approximately 30 days from your order date. I'm about 2days from shipment so I decided I'd check and see how things were going on my order. I received an e-mail stating that my belt was 10 days away from being put in production and two weeks way from shipping. The rationale is that they are swamped. I understand that belts, holsters ammo and guns have been flying out of stores, but if there production schedule has stretched out they should change the delivery schedule promise. Nothing annoys people more than a delivery promise that isn't met except a crappy product. I purchased a Kydex Holster and magazine holder from Comp Tac and they provide there current production schedule on line and they update it as it changes. I think Beltman should do the same. I am annoyed to say the least and have to reschedule my SD course because of there slip. A simple e-mail telling me of the delay would have been nice instead of me having to ask for status. I hope their belts are better than their customer service.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    You may be annoyed or just impatient but hang in there and I think you will be very pleased with the product. They have a very small operation and do outstanding work. They usually make their promised delivery date. Mine took 30 days and I only live 50 miles from their factory.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

The Belt man makes the best gun belts on the market!

And they are very buisy for that VERY reason. They WILL NOT "hurry up" production and try to "push out" more orders than they can because they beleve in quality not quantity.

They promptly and accurately updated your order status on your request. I see this as great service.
    If they took the time to send out HUNDREDS of emails a day telling people it would be a week or two longer on there order they would be loosing even more production time and getting less orders out the door.

There site says, and you agree it reads "approximately 30 days".
    I wouldnt call that a Guarantee by any means. I would say thats an estimation.
    Approximately to me could mean look for it to ship in 25 days or it could take 45 days.

Sit back relax. Hate you had to cancel a course because it will ship later than you had planned. But once you get your order in you will be a happy beltman customer. I can tell you that!
    <><><><><>
    Grass Roots North Carolina
    <><><><><>
    NRA Life Member

My belt was a couple of days late but that's OK. It's a great product. I also was scheduled for a SD course before I knew I'd ever get the belt and just did it with another one. I don't see how that could make you unable to take a course.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Beltman

I finally purchased one because I have seen the product and had to had one to go w/ my DelFatti rig.
    When I spoke to them, they said they were behind and asked if it were an issue... I told them no.
    I understand you needed it for an event but you have to add the Murphy factor into most things in this industy. Heck, you have to add that to life, as far as I can see.
    I am not insult you, just letting you know everyone in this industry is doing the best they can. This is a prosperous time but a very hectic one that has repercussions on not just the customer but the maker/builders/smiths/cobblers as well.
    I have to wager that 99% of all makers are perfectionists, or should be, and won't release anything just to get it out there. You can see in the gun industry, that is happening alot: Ruger, Kimber, Springfield are all behind and I have spoken to many who have received bad products because they were thrown together. They were then sent back to be repaired and one friend sold it the day it returned.
    I have one customer who waited 9 months for a Glock that was supposed to be there in 30 days.......

You guys all miss the point. I have no problem waiting for something longer than originally promised if the seller takes the time to let you know they are going to be late and not on day 28. I'm sure they knew quite awhile ago that they were swamped and could not deliver to there website date. OK just let people know. If I hadn't sent an e-mail I don't think I'd of heard a thing. It may be prosperous time for the gun industry, but it isn't for most people. There are lots of people out of work including me. The country spending money we don't have and high unemployment is not what I consider prosperous. Oh by the way your holsters look great. I plan on buying one when I have the money. 9 months for a Glock I don't think so unless it is custom. Regards

kpw
    Uechi, I know what your saying. I wish they all were as fast as Comp-Tac! Hate to see you miss a course over it. I could send you a loaner if your anywhere near my size. Let me know.

I got a email from them on the 4th stating mine was 7 production days away and was asked to please give it another 10 days. They simply stated they are swamped.

I don't have a problem waiting till then. I think , do to all the reviews I've heard on them that it will be well worth the wait. As I plan on trying to carry my 45 goverment model in a SuperTuck I wanted to get the best belt I could afford. There belts are very reasonably priced and have a great reputation.

Kinda like waiting on Christmas , sometimes drives you crazy but in the end well worth the wait.

Hang in there you will be glad you did.

Gotcha ya...

Got it....
    Yeah, I understand the "promise date" vs. the website date... I can't argue there....
    I can't say much, I have been guilty of that a few times but I really try to let people know.

The prosperity I was discussing was in this,the gun industry. Makers are backlogged for months.... I didn't mean "this country" that is for darn sure. I hired my partner, George, when he was laid off. We had been discussing a good time to transfer over when he got his slip... I have a few friends/customers who are in a similar situation and it sucks!! No lie, hands down sucks!

Did not mean to ditract from the discussion.

Good luck to you.

Words of wisdom...

God, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    the courage to change the things I can;
    and the wisdom to know the difference.

Sorry, don't mean to preach but I thought this applied here.

Peace.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Beltman - Curb your expectations. I guess they make good belts, I wouldn't know.
    Hard to have firm expectations, then.

Their site says shipment is approximately 30 days from your order date.
    "Approximate" means just that. Nobody has screwed you over; the product hasn't failed; the customer service hasn't been engaged. All that has occurred is that your inflexibility in the face of interesting economic times has run into reality: everyone's affected, and it's entirely likely their "rationale" is truthful.

So. You've placed an order and it's a little delayed. So, why not await judgment until you've got the full story? Perhaps that's better than maligning a decent supplier of a decent product.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

ordered mine on the 2nd of march. no email or anything from them. probably back logged. i'll give it another few days. probably send them an email mid next week if hear/recieve nothing as that will be over 40 days. while i would love to have had it on the 30 day mark i understand so for once i'll wait and hope, as most have stated, that it is indeed the worth the wait. don't trash the makers just b/c they didn't do exactly what they stated. car makers do it all the time. they state their car does this and half the time it really doesn't. hell look @ how much politicians say one thing and do another and we're talking about BILLIONS! of dollars :-D at least in this case its only under $100

I would be appreciative that they are at least keeping you in the loop and letting you know they are running behind.

Of course, it stands to reason that all gun related vendors are swamped right now. I remember when I custom ordered my last holster, I got 1 BS excuse after another until they finally shipped it.

I've been putting off ordering mine, after reading this thread I ordered it finally.
    The sooner I order it, the sooner I'll get it. I'm glad to hear they don't just blow people off.

Administrator

Moderator Note:

Please remember that we expect our forum members to treat other forum members with basic respect.

Feel free to comment and agree or disagree but if you cannot figure out how to do that without "making it personal" then do not post your comment at all - and just move on to another thread.

I already had to delete one comment from this thread.

This is to be expected with a custom made product. While I see where you are coming from about the wait, on a custom made product you have to expect the wait time given to only be an estimate at best.Most good things are worth waiting on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links