Max Con V

This is a discussion on Max Con V within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by devo6684 Max imum Con cealment, makes perfect sense! Thanks for the info Gary! I went shooting today with my 16 yr old ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max Con V

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by devo6684
    Maximum Concealment, makes perfect sense!

Thanks for the info Gary! I went shooting today with my 16 yr old daughter, shot the Sig 232, Ruger P89, and the Kimber Pro CDP compact. She is now a big fan of my .45!

Long story short, I blew my holster budget today. I will be getting with you in about 2 weeks for a Max Con V! Can't wait!

It sounds like the Max Con VI is easier for a one handed reholster?

Thanks again!
    D-
    I know how that goes, I'm in Ga. visiting my son who is in the Air Force. , and I don't get to see him but several times a year. His birthday is Monday, so I spent some on him. Last time I saw him I gave him a Taurus PT 92

2. Remove Ads

[QUOTE=devo6684
    It sounds like the Max Con VI is easier for a one handed reholster?

Thanks again!
    D-[/QUOTE]

That's the idea behind the VI - a Max-Con V that allows one-handed reholstering. For most people (outside of Law Enforcement) one handed reholstering is a secondary issue when compared to achieving the highest possible level of comfort and concealment. However, for those LEO's who must have that function too ( for handcuffing BG's) and others who feel it is a "must have", the VI has it all. IT's only real drawback is it's price, because it is terribly labor intensive to make and uses twice the leather of a V.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    That's the idea behind the VI - a Max-Con V that allows one-handed reholstering. For most people (outside of Law Enforcement) one handed reholstering is a secondary issue when compared to achieving the highest possible level of comfort and concealment. However, for those LEO's who must have that function too ( for handcuffing BG's) and others who feel it is a "must have", the VI has it all. IT's only real drawback is it's price, because it is terribly labor intensive to make and uses twice the leather of a V.
    So true for me anyway! But the thing is with my Max-Con V, I can reholster it with one hand! probably not as positive as a VI style but I can all the same everytime.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I'm gonna add my opinion from using both holsters. V's for almost 3 yrs, and a VI for 2. The original V purchased still allows for holstering 1 handed. Press the muzzle against the shield (muzzle down), and drive downward into the holster. Not a problem. The VI was purchased just to "have it all". Would recommend either based mostly on what one can afford.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    My Nighthawk 1911 snug in Gary's Max Con V....

Nice picture of both your Night Hawk and Max Con V...I just ordered one from Gary, and seeing your picture instilled further confidence that I have ordered a quality Holster. Also his fan club is endless...My S&W 1911 Sc eagerly awaits the mail man.
    I loaned my other CCW and holster to my daughter and I feel a little naked with out the leather/steel combo on the strong side if you know what I mean?
    Lloyd

Eternity is a long time, do you know for certain where you will spend it?

I have three of 'em and a mag holder. A joy to own and wear with nary a regret. Perhaps the best part is dealing with Gary.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links