Max Con V

Max Con V

This is a discussion on Max Con V within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Gary, I am interested in an IWB holstering system for my Kimber Pro 1911 compact. Your Max Con V looks like it might do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Con V

Max Con V

Hello Gary,

I am interested in an IWB holstering system for my Kimber Pro 1911 compact. Your Max Con V looks like it might do the trick.

I do have a few questions:

I was wondering if the holster's body side has a shield that rides up high enough to keep the hammer / butt of the weapon from digging into the body.

Does your strap system ever need to have the snaps replaced?

Thanks!
    D-

Hi Devo,
    Thanks for your kind remarks regarding my Max-Con V. In answer to your questions, yes- the sweat shield comes up just high enough to protect you from getting jabbed by the hammer/beavertail - however, it is small enough not to get in your way when drawing and reholstering.
    The belt loops seldom, if ever need replacement. However, they are attached with a machine screw and are easily removable/replaceable with only a #2 Phillips screwdriver.
    Please let me know if you have any further questions. BTW, I moved this to a new thread so we did not hi-jack the discussion of Sam's work.

devo,

If you have any reservations about the Max-Con V, don't! It is the perfect holster and to be honest I forget it is even there when carrying, it's that comfortable.

The sweat shield is excellent for keeping the pooky parts off the body. The grip is exposed but that's what you want in order to achieve a positive grip when pulling your weapon.

If you have checkered grips and they rubb you I would suggest getting smooth grips or grips with less checkering for carry. I switched to some Wilson Combat CCW thinline grips and are perfect for the purpose, they do not rubb or irritate the skin.
    https://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_grips_ultrathin.asp

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

DC Founder
    My Nighthawk 1911 snug in Gary's Max Con V....

Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thanks for the testimonials. I had talked with Sam earlier today and he offered more insight to the MacDaniel II holster. I am torn between the Max Con and the MacDaniel II !!

Thanks!
    D-

Devo,

Yes, sir. I can make up belt loops in brown as well. The Max-Con V is intended specifically to offer a high level of comfort and the deepest possible concealment IWB. All of my holsters are engineered to make the weapon move with you as you move, and feel like a hand is firmly pressing it against your body - not enough to be uncomfortable, but enough to make it feel like it's a part of you.
    I discontinued my IWB mag pouches because the one that I presently offer pretty much made them obsolete. My current pouch will effortlessly conceal a mag under even a tee shirt, and is much more comfortable due to being on the belt, rather than IWB. It's best feature is the forward rake. As you crouch, your pelvis tilts backward just a bit. A mag carried vertically ends up with a rearward cant - a very awkward angle that GREATLY adds to the "fumble factor". The forward rake eliminates this problem and allows access to the mag from virtually any body position.
    I hope this answers all of your questions. Please let me know if I can be of further help to you. Thanks!

Gary:
    Since you attach the loops with machine screws, is it possible to order extra loops in different widths? I normally wear a 1.5" belt with jeans but sometimes we all have to dress up a little and that's when I switch over to a 1.25" belt.

I'm debating between holsters too but in my case it's the MaxConV (maybe a VI) and a DefCon for my 1911.
    Thanks!
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar

new holsters

I'm anxious to get my MaxCon VI in, I've heard so much from so many people all over the net. And looking at it in the pictures you can tell it does what it was designed to do. And besides that it is a example of the work from a master craftsman. Collecting holsters is like collecting art.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker
    I'm anxious to get my MaxCon VI in, I've heard so much from so many people all over the net. And looking at it in the pictures you can tell it does what it was designed to do. And besides that it is a example of the work from a master craftsman. Collecting holsters is like collecting art.
    Well looking at the MaxCon V. Gary you got to get some pictures up of the MaxCon VI. (You can use mine for the pictures)

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    You guys did damn good by getting Mr. Brommelands leather. It simply works and is some of the best on the market.
    Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Gary:
    Since you attach the loops with machine screws, is it possible to order extra loops in different widths?
    Yes sir, you can swap them out with a #2 phillips screwdriver in a minute or two. (Extra loops sets are $6, BTW)

Animal Kracker,
    Is the Max Con VI an IWB? I would like to see a pic if one is available.

Thanks!
    D-

Quote Originally Posted by devo6684
    Animal Kracker,
    Is the Max Con VI an IWB? I would like to see a pic if one is available.

Thanks!
    D-
    Howdy!

All "Max-Cons" are IWB. The term stands for "Maximum Concealment". The VI is identical to the V except for it's construction. Whereas the V is made from two pieces of leather (a single panel of leather front and back), the VI is made from four pieces. Both the front and back panel are constructed from two very thin layers of leather with a steel insert sandwiched in between them. In all other aspects, they are the same holsters - the parts are actually cut from the same dies. They are 149.95.
    An update of my website is on my "to do" list, but I have no photos of the VI at this time. 'Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen
    You guys did damn good by getting Mr. Brommelands leather. It simply works and is some of the best on the market.
    Shoot well.
    Yep, and looking forward to getting mine in from you also.

Maximum Concealment, makes perfect sense!

Thanks for the info Gary! I went shooting today with my 16 yr old daughter, shot the Sig 232, Ruger P89, and the Kimber Pro CDP compact. She is now a big fan of my .45!

Long story short, I blew my holster budget today. I will be getting with you in about 2 weeks for a Max Con V! Can't wait!

It sounds like the Max Con VI is easier for a one handed reholster?

Thanks again!
    D-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links