Holster search

Holster search

This is a discussion on Holster search within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone reccomend a good concealed carry holster, (left handed), for my Charter Arems Under Cover model?...

Thread: Holster search

Holster search

Can anyone reccomend a good concealed carry holster, (left handed), for my Charter Arems Under Cover model?

What do you have exactly, like the old or new Charter Arms Undercover Special in .38 Special?

And how are you wanting to carry it? Pocket, belt, etc.?

I have a brand new Charter Undercover .38 special. I'm looking for a belt paddle-type holster. I purchased a Bianchi, but the strap doesn't fit around the concealed hammer.

Fobus makes a nice holster if you are looking to go that route, Galco cop series is a good choice if you want a leather pancake style with a thumb break, and both holsters usually conceal very nice with a polo type shirt, something with the heavier material, along with dark colors and or patterns. Good Luck!

I would talk to High Noon and maybe Kramer

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Look around and take your time. LOTS of makers do the snubby thing. I know a J frame holster fits it just fine...so that makes about every holster maker a possibility.
    Hope that helps......Shoot well.....Eric
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

I have the Galco Cop 3 Slot, and would recommend it.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Look at KDholsters.com and also Kramer Gunleather

ScottB:

I can help you with what you're looking for. I have a Charter Undercover, and I offer a paddle holster for revolvers (though it's not yet offered on the website). The paddle on the holster is adjustable, both in cant and size of belt, so it provides some versatility. Paddle holsters are a bit more of a challenge to conceal in comparison to other types of holsters, but they can work well with the right clothing being worn.

Kevin,
    There seems to be a wide range as to how close/tight paddles fit.

I have several Fobus, which many call junk, and they lay closer to the body than most. Accordingly they are more easily concealed.

OTH my Galco and Uncle Mikes ride higher, and the gun tends to torque away from the body. They do not conceal as well as the Fobus.

The paddles I have from Comp-tac do about as well as the Fobus, but not better. They are, of course, much better made.

I find that the high ride paddles tend to be harder to conceal due to the gun wanting to torque away from the body, and they also cause more strain on the shoulder.

I do not know what yours is, and just throw this in as one man's view.

Jerry

JerryM:

Right, I agree with your observation. The paddle I use is a kydex paddle that I get from Blade-Tech, and it's the same one that they put on their holsters.

There are some leather holster makers out there who use leather as the "paddle". So there are a variety of material choices in that respect as well.

My experience has been that the majority of the "paddle" holsters do not conceal as well as a pancake, etc., type of holster. The paddle holsters are great for the easy on/off aspect, range use, etc., IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man
    JerryM:

Right, I agree with your observation. The paddle I use is a kydex paddle that I get from Blade-Tech, and it's the same one that they put on their holsters.

There are some leather holster makers out there who use leather as the "paddle". So there are a variety of material choices in that respect as well.

My experience has been that the majority of the "paddle" holsters do not conceal as well as a pancake, etc., type of holster. The paddle holsters are great for the easy on/off aspect, range use, etc., IMO.
    Kevin,

Although I have been a fan of paddle holsters, I am finding that the easy on/off of holsters such as your Laredo Defender are replacing my use of paddles, except as range holsters.

I do like the Fobus for the range, but it does not go on and off better than the Laredo Defender, and if security is a problem for some, it is more secure. I have never had a problem with paddles coming off, and it is more of a problem to get them off than that they come off with the gun.

Jerry

Sponsored Links