Galco gun belts and holsters,any good?

This is a discussion on Galco gun belts and holsters,any good? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering which of galco's gun belts is the best for the money? I'm needing a good gun belt fast and was going to ...

Thread: Galco gun belts and holsters,any good?

Galco gun belts and holsters,any good?

I was wondering which of galco's gun belts is the best for the money? I'm needing a good gun belt fast and was going to order through lightning arms as his prices are better than ordering from Galco directly.

My questions are which of galco's gun belts is their best one and do their belts fit the slots in their holsters properly? i'm leaning towards their "concealable" model OWB rig. what can you tell me about this particular holster? I've heard a lot of good things about the concealable Rig,but in your experiance with this Rig how good is it? Thanks for any help guys.

2. Remove Ads

LOVE MINE. Wear it everyday, whether I'm carrying or not.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

i use galco holsters. have for many mango seasons. they are the best to me.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I used Galco holsters for a long time and the Concealable is fine for a 1911. For some guns, particularly Glocks, the design of the holster has a higher unsupported piece of leather sticking up above the slots and in my experience they tend to get soft and floppy.

With one of my Glock holsters I managed to jam the rear flap into the holster with the gun while re-holstering and it was ruined. But I never had a problem with several 1911 concealables I used.

Here's a picture of Concealables for a Glock and a 1911 to show you what I'm talking about:

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I use the Galco Concealable and have no complaints. It has been in use three years now, carried by a Galco COPS belt. I am thinking of adding the Concealable belt to my line up too. I also have used the excellent Fletch holster. The Fletch is a great choice if you need a thumb strap.
    Last edited by ripley16; April 13th, 2009 at 06:58 AM.

thanks so far guys I was going to get one for my 5" 1911 and the other for my 2 1/2" Ruger SP101 FWIW. Ripley16 how do the galco belt fit the slots on their holsters? It's important to me that the belt fits the holsters slots firmly so the rig doesn't move around.

Wink Yup

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    thanks so far guys I was going to get one for my 5" 1911 and the other for my 2 1/2" Ruger SP101 FWIW. Ripley16 how do the galco belt fit the slots on their holsters? It's important to me that the belt fits the holsters slots firmly so the rig doesn't move around.
    The 1.5" belt fits the slots on the concealable PERFECTLY. I like the tapered belt since it looks like a normal dress belt from the front at a .25" width but it tapers out to 1.5" from the second loop on around to the far side. It's awesome. I prefer a leather belt to any nylon belt for comfort and stability. I have a couple of those wilderness products "Instructors" Belts but I don't wear 'em much.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I have a Galco 1.5" belt and I used it for three years. It is starting to show some wear so I switched to a Wilderness Instructors CSM 1.5" belt. I haven't really tried Galco's holsters, so can't say much for those.

I think Galco belts are excellent quality.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I use the Galco Concealable for both the 1911 & SP101 with the COP belt and they work great for me.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    What ExSoldier said...perfectly. The way the holster is made and shaped keeps the pistol tight to the body and the holster stays in place. Forward rake is good too at about 20 degrees, which makes a draw from the 4:00 position quick and easy. Here's a pic of the combo.

My good friend has one for his 5"1911 and loves it. They seem to ride nice and tight ot the body...but a littel low for my tastes. I am sure you will like it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

While I've not been thrilled with any of the Galco holsters I've tried, I love the SB9 dress belt in 1.25".

Double thickness, very stiff, looks nice, and doesn't look like a "gun belt".

As for size, I've not had any issues matching the belt to any 1.25" holster or mag carrier. IMO you just have to pick a size (1.5" or 1.25") and stick to it with your holsters and belts.

-john

1911 luver--

The Concealable has 1.5" belt slots and you are best off with a belt with 1.5" width. For the money the Galco SB2 is one of their best belts especially if worn with casual attire. For semi-dress attire either the Galco SB3 or Concealble belt would be the ideal choice.

Links