Galco N3

This is a discussion on Galco N3 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; has anyone here tried it yet? i'm not sure how long they've been available, or how new they are. i've decided to get a good ...

Thread: Galco N3

Galco N3

has anyone here tried it yet? i'm not sure how long they've been available, or how new they are.

i've decided to get a good rounded out holster selection. i currently have a Blackhawk SERPA for open carry, and i have a Desantis Minislide for OWB concealed carry. i now want something IWB, for when i really need to be discreet. the N3 looks good. thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

It looks a lot like the Mitch Rosen ARG, I had one of those for my G23 and the one aft loop seemed to allow the front side of the rig to want to slide up and down out of the pants. I have a Don Hume PCCH with two loops and loved it a lot until I got my HBE Com III. Awesome craftmanship, reasinable price and short turnaroun dtime.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

JD
    Administrator
    What are you going to be carrying in it? I've not overly thrilled with the N3, while it's an improvement over the NSA II, it still leaves a lot to be desired in an IWB as far as I'm concerned. As noted above, with the single loop the holster will shift around some, even when drawing... but a good break in should fix that part of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    What are you going to be carrying in it? I've not overly thrilled with the N3, while it's an improvement over the NSA II, it still leaves a lot to be desired in an IWB as far as I'm concerned. As noted above, with the single loop the holster will shift around some, even when drawing... but a good break in should fix that part of the issue.
    i'll be toting a full size 1911 in it. would the weight cut down the shifting during the draw you think?

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i'll be toting a full size 1911 in it. would the weight cut down the shifting during the draw you think?
    The friction of the draw will actually cause it to raise some too in the front...at least that is how my ARG was. Not just wearing it.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Mabye try the AKJ Concealco? I don't have one but I've seen good reviews.

AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    Nope. We were using a 4" steel frame 1911 and the shifting was still there, just like it was with my NSA II.

Like I said, going back to the loop like the NSA is a step above the J-hook of the NSAII, the reinforced mouth is a step in the right direction as well but I just don't find it to be a stable platform, looking at Galco IWBs I much preferred the Royal Guard and/or Summer Comfort, but would much rather have something with two offset loops ala Versa Max II, UBG Canute, HBE Com III, CBH Supertuck etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Nope. We were using a 4" steel frame 1911 and the shifting was still there, just like it was with my NSA II.

Like I said, going back to the loop like the NSA is a step above the J-hook of the NSAII, the reinforced mouth is a step in the right direction as well but I just don't find it to be a stable platform, looking at Galco IWBs I much preferred the Royal Guard and/or Summer Comfort, but would much rather have something with two offset loops ala Versa Max II, UBG Canute, HBE Com III, CBH Supertuck etc. etc.
    i'll take your advice on this. i really would like something IWB, and with a raised "sweat shield" to protect the finish of the gun.

i actually had been debating spending the money on the holster, or getting my gun Durakoted. i'm still torn; both would be good investments, and those Milt Sparks are prety sweet looking. i have some thinking to do...

Durakote the gun now and you'll havethe money for the Sparks in six months when it is ready. Problem solved.

Links