Concealed Carry purse for my wife?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry purse for my wife? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Try E bay CCW purse. One for $ 50....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry purse for my wife?

Try E bay CCW purse. One for $ 50.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I would head over to Shooter's World on 28th Ave and Indian School and talk to Shawn. He can get you whatever you need at a good price. I like Galco personally and SW usually sells their stuff a little cheaper than SRP.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Bought from Coronado Leather

Thanks for all the input. The Coronado looked like a nice product at a nice price. Will post thoughts after we actually receive.

Thanks again.
    Be prepared

I think that I am too late to this thread, but just wanted to throw in my vote for the Coronado Leather also. I got my wife a purse made by them a couple of years ago and it was a great investment that she has liked a lot.
    Here are a few pics of what I bought for her. Very nice quality!

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Differnt option

I used a purse by roma that I bought on e-bay for about $60.00 for about a month. I just went to a local show and picked up the holster pictured. I went with a purse because I too wanted to still be able to dresss girly, but I still can with this. You can find them on
    guns4gals.com

even in a tight tank you only see a little bit of imprint

I appreciate all of the pictures, as they make the decision much easier. Also seems that folks on this website are better photogs than the websites trying to sell this stuff.

Real opinions help most of all. Thanks.
    Be prepared

Purse Ideas

Sir,

Not sure if you are still looking for a purse for your wife but just a couple hints that may help.

I had the same problem finding a purse so I started my own business called Dawn Nicole. I make concealed purses because I found the ones I had considered to be outdated and not made to my expectations. But if you do find one you like I would recommend from advice from friends who carry, own firearm stores and customers to not buy a purse with a velcro side. My friend who owns the local gun shop said many ladies brought them back because they were to hard to open and very noisy when you are in a situation. So I would stick with a zipper if you at all can.

Also the best holsters I have found for conceal carry on my person is made by Don Hume. They are not bulky, they are on the thinner side but sturdy leather. I have been very pleased with mine for my 45 and 38.

Hope this helps out in your hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by DPAZ View Post
    Anyone have any ideas on where to find a concealed carry purse for my wife? Very limited selection locally (Phoenix AZ). Online purchase hard to estimate actual capacity and quality.

Most are really expensive (my opinion) and really ugly (my wifes opinion). I don't mind spending the money as this is a worthwhile item to spend it on, and won't have to do it often, just would prefer some input from someone who is actually familiar with a seller. Thanks for any help offered.
    Check out Bruce Gibson's stuff.

He's a member here, and been a friend of mine for years. He's making purses with a "western" or cowboy/cowgirl flavor. He could probably add a holster. He's made a few holsters and belts for various members here.

When I talked to Bruce recently, he told me he was making purses and briefcases lately, as that's where the demand was.

Biker

Hey DPAZ

The NRA convention is next weekend. Go there. I m sure there will be CC purse vendors there.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgegirl73 View Post
    I used a purse by roma that I bought on e-bay for about $60.00 for about a month. I just went to a local show and picked up the holster pictured. I went with a purse because I too wanted to still be able to dresss girly, but I still can with this. You can find them on
    guns4gals.com

even in a tight tank you only see a little bit of imprint

Ahhh...errrrr, could I see that pistol grip again?
    Seriously, isn't that a tough place to draw from? Wouldn't a buttoned shirt be easier? Just curious...

To the OP...
    We found my wife a handbag on line...after several 'buys and returns'. You're correct about judging, capacity, color, size, etc. She finally found one, but I was always nervous about not having the gun attached to her body somehow. She still has it but has discontinued its use. You may try looking at gun shops as many of them have started carrying 'stuff' for the ladies.
    We eventually found a a real thin leather pouch that is just big enough to hold a KelTec .32 (so it is small and thin). It certainly would not hold the Glock-26 that she's beginning to like, but how she will carry the Glock is a bridge we'll cross another day. Right now I am pleased that she takes the .32 with her...that was a big step to begin with...

Stay armed...I'm speechless ...stay safe!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; May 10th, 2009 at 07:45 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Coronado blows Galco out of the water.
    I agree. I have had one of their purses for many years now. Works great. Easy to access and mine has a lock for the zipper when I am around the grand kids. I highly recommend them.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Ahhh...errrrr, could I see that pistol grip again?
    Seriously, isn't that a tough place to draw from? Wouldn't a buttoned shirt be easier? Just curious...
    I have actually found it to be easier to draw from here than with my iwb. Think about it, any shirt with a slightly lowered neckline gives me easy access to my gun, there is no clothing to move out of the way. Of course as with any holster it takes a bit of practice to be quick with it. Another bonus is if I am in a situation where i think I might need my gun I can act like I am just playing with my necklace or something and my hand is that much closer to my gun. Another way to think about is to think of how easy it is for you guys to get a quick feel, it's just as easy for me to get my gun!

Administrator
    GALCO INTERNATIONAL has an entire line of firearm concealment purses in various purse styles.
    Check them out. Here is the link to that page.
    Google Image Result for http://www.holsters4guns.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MERBLK.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Also look here.
    http://www.shado.com/merchant/mercha...ategory_Code=L

KimberGirl,

Thanks for the post. My wife has been griping about the lack of "cute" carry purses. We found your site and she loved it. We will definitely be making an order soon!
    -LP
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links