Concealed Carry purse for my wife?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry purse for my wife? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any ideas on where to find a concealed carry purse for my wife? Very limited selection locally (Phoenix AZ). Online purchase hard to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry purse for my wife?

Anyone have any ideas on where to find a concealed carry purse for my wife? Very limited selection locally (Phoenix AZ). Online purchase hard to estimate actual capacity and quality.

Most are really expensive (my opinion) and really ugly (my wifes opinion). I don't mind spending the money as this is a worthwhile item to spend it on, and won't have to do it often, just would prefer some input from someone who is actually familiar with a seller. Thanks for any help offered.
    Be prepared

VIP Member
    Select "New Products" then scroll down and take a look see. I have seen the Mahogany color and it looked pretty nice according to my gal. The build quality was very impressive too!
    Rosen Product Line
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I thought about this option for my wife since she wanted to originally. She made a post about it on here and most discouraged her from carrying this way. I was glad cause i had been trying to as well! Sometimes it helps to hear it from a 3rd party. But i would try to do the same with your wife. If its the only way she will carry, its better then nothing but there are many reasons not to carry this way.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

You have a fine leather supplier right there in your State of AZ....Galco. They make several models. I also discourage purse carry though. Purses get lost snatched messed around with by children, etc. Like bigdl says Its better than nothing but I would investigate other options.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Check out the Galco Bebe.

I use the Coronado concealment bag. It has a life time warranty and it has a zipper at the end that allows your gun to be the only thing in that pocket as well as a lock that you can lock the zipper. Also comes with a holster so that you can put it in the place that you can reach without it moving. She may have to wait a few weeks to get it but, it's worth the wait. I ordered the hobo to start with but it was too big for me as I do not carry much in a purse so I sent it back ( they were more than happy for me to do that) and I ordered the smaller hobo. I did have to wait about 30 days for that one but only a couple of weeks for the first one. The little hobo was just right. Now there are internet sights that carry the coronado bags BUT, no lifetime warrent y. My CCL instructor's wife uses this company and she really gave them great marks.
    I have had mine for about a month now and the only time I don't use it is when I really need to use a more formal bag. I know that purse carry is not ideal but let's face it. A woman has fewer options if she does not wear a belt or wants to be slingy and dressy sometimes. I like one aspect of the purse, you can walk anywhere with your hand on the weapon if you feel that you need to since your hand slides right into the side pocket and no one is the wiser. I am still looking for that perfect holster but I have not found it yet. I pocket carry if I have on jeans or pants with nice pockets. But I always carry.

Coronado Leather, makers of handcrafted, concealment leatherwear for law enforcement and those interested in high quality leather jackets, handbags and carrycases for firearm concealment

Coronado blows Galco out of the water.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

AZ--

That is a matter of opinion.

Never had a galco to look at but from the prices, the coroado is about a hundred dollars or so cheaper. I'm sure that it will depend on the needs of each woman in what they usually carry in a purse. I was fortunate to be able to see the coronado before I ordered it so I was confident of the quality.

There are some cheap purses but as in most things, you get what you pay for.
    The main thing is to find what you are comfortable with so that you will carry your gun at all times.

I shopped for both at the SHOT Show. I've toured the Galco factory. The quality of the leather and the workmanship of the Coronado was far superior to the Galco. So much so that I bought one for my girlfriend. If the Galco was better, I would have bought it. I'm not sure if LA Sports carries both to compare the end product with. I know they're Galco dealers.

Thanks for all the input........now to start shopping. My wife is always dressed in business formal, which precludes most forms of CC, so the purse is our only real option.
    Be prepared

Good luck! There are a lot of different styles to choose from. I'm going to buy one of the multi colored ones for next winter. Thinking it will be a little more dressy for my work clothes.

AZ--

As you know Lightning Arms stocks some of the best quality products available in the market place today. Our response to Dpaz was to be of help not to advertise or sell product. Galco handbags such as the Bebe, Classic, and Newport are stylish handbags of excellent quality in our professional opinion and geared towards the workplace and street carry. What you would use or not use is one man's opinion and blanket statements such as "Coronado blows Galco out of the water" really has little value here IMHO--no disrespect meant. If you believe the quality of Coronado to be far superior then state it as an opinion unless you have non-bias facts to back it up--Please note none of the above is a crticism or disparagement of Coronado leather products or quality thereof; which leads us to another suggestion for Dpaz-- Also check out Mitch Rosen handbags.

To Lightning Arms: Craig & Audrey...As retailers I respect your position and your enthusiasm toward your products. I also have said many times that you two provide a service for folks not wanting to wait the normal times. I never meant to demean your business. I've been to the Galco factory and only feel obligated to tell my observations. They are an assembly line factory staffed by non-English speaking workers. I do strongly believe that "Made in America" should also mean "Made by Americans". Compare that to the other lines you carry and you may agree that there is a difference in quality.

AZ--

We never took your posts to be a disparagement of our business.
    However, we are somewhat perplexed when we see blanket statements lacking support. I still haven't figured out what non-English speaking workers have to do with quality. My own grandfather came from Russia at the time of the Bolshevik Revolution not speaking a word of English but he was a master tailor and soon found work in New York City and eventually learned the language, moved to the west coast and opened his own tailor shop.
    His talent and quality of workmanship had nothing to do with speaking English.
    Regarding qulaity, we never offer suggestions to others unless we believe quality is there for the $ spent--but then again it is just one man's opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links