NOT Happy with SmartCarry

This is a discussion on NOT Happy with SmartCarry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my first SmartCarry in the mail. Decent Product, comfortable to wear, BUT... I ordered the standard model because I'd read some bad reviews on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOT Happy with SmartCarry

Got my first SmartCarry in the mail. Decent Product, comfortable to wear, BUT...

I ordered the standard model because I'd read some bad reviews on the security model.

I ordered the right handed model for my wife and put a request in the coments for an ambidextrous if possible. My wife is right handed and I am left handed. I ordered it for her, but wanted to try it myself also.

Apparently the only ambidextrous model they make is the security model, which I didn't want.

So, they sent me an ambidextrous security model and charged me the extra $10 for that model.

No contact. No e-mail to let ME make the decision. They just charged me the extra $10 and sent it. They made the decision that the extra $10 was more important in their pockets than sending me what I ordered. How hard is it to send an e-mail to verify the order BEFORE the customer complains? I've received an e-mail to my complaint though!

Their response: If I want to exchange, I can. But I have to pay the shipping back for THEIR mistake! NOT acceptable. If I have to pay the shipping, I will be returning my SmartCarry and may be ordering from Thunderwear.

I would rather buy a BARELY inferior product from a company that cares than buy from a company that cares more about their own bottom line than about the customer. After reading SmartCarry's return policy page, you can tell they care more about themselves than about the customer.

Their product may be quality, but until they improve their customer service GREATLY, I will not be working with them again.

To top it all off, It was sent to the wrong address. Thankfully it did get to me.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

I would try it out and seeif it works for you,not sure about what the reviews for the "security" model were but it's possible they may have been addressed and fixed.I guess that unless you specifically said you do not want the security model they were just trying to fulfill the ambidextrous requirement.I would hope that before charging me for a more expensive item the company would call.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would think that your credit card company could assist you with removing charges you did not request?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I had a great experience with them.
    Seems it was a little communication issue on the order.
    You seem to have ordered the ambi model of which there is only one type. Could be an easy mistake.
    I would try again to get them to work with you.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by coriantan View Post
    I ordered the right handed model for my wife and put a request in the coments for an ambidextrous if possible.
    You asked for an ambidextrous model if possible. They only make one ambidextrous model, and that's what they sent you. It seems like they were trying to do what you asked here.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    You asked for an ambidextrous model if possible. They only make one ambidextrous model, and that's what they sent you. It seems like they were trying to do what you asked here.
    +1

It sounds like they were trying to give you what you asked for. Unless you spefically said that you did not want the security model in the comments section, I think you are overreacting.

Does it work?
    I wouldn't get all worked up over that.

I thought that the owner was a nice man,When I ordered mine,I used a credit card,that I had had for years and never used before that week,and had charged about $1,500 dollars on the card,well the bank had put a hold on it,thinking someone had stolen it.The owner of smart carry called me on my cell phone twice before he got me,I just gave him a nother card # and he was very polite and understanding.H could have just canceled the order himself,never notifed me or anything,if he wanted,soIf it were me id give them a chance,to explain,just call them on the phone,if you ship them back,youll have to pay shipping costs anyway,all places make the coustomer pay to send things back,if they dont want the product....just sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed to me...I mean its just 10 dollars,its ths cheapest holster on the market,besides a uncle Mikes for 19.95......JMO...... This is mine for my Glock 27,I wear it to work,everyday,and like it.

Try it out you have plenty of time to send it back. You may love it.

I have really thought about the smart carry and the cell pal. Both have great potential to be the answer. Not sure which one to try first.

Sorry that you had such a hard time with your purchase. Charlie is a one of the good guys and I really don't think there was any attempt on his part to do anything that you wouldn't want done.

IMO they make a good product and have always done right by me.

Hopefully you can get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Be Safe

NosaM

VIP Member
    For what its worth, I have the Thunderwear basic model, sans the extra rear compartment, and I like it. The customer service gal was friendly and the shipment was prompt.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    Sorry you had a bad experience with Charlie. I think he does a lot of volume, so periodically not every transaction will be perfect.

I've never heard of any bad reviews on the security model. I like my security models so much I won't own a SmartCarry without one. The extra pouch is great for holding wallet, key, phone, etc. while jogging, plus many other benefits.

The only negative issue I've heard about the ambi SC is sometimes it is too wide for some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    I have really thought about the smart carry and the cell pal. Both have great potential to be the answer. Not sure which one to try first.
    The SmartCarry gets far better reviews on the whole than the cell pal. The SmartCarry has a money-back guarantee also in case you don't like it. I can't remember if it's 30 or 60 days, but it's long enough to determine whether it's for you or not.

Wow you ordered something special it was sent to you with the option you wanted. It cost 10.00 more & your gonna whine about it on a forum? Try it out see if it works for you. Its only 10.00 more. Maybe if it was a 150.00 holster or something I could understand.

I've bought two Smartcarrys and find the company and product top-notch! Not the type of people to intentionally rook you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links