MTAC or Supertuck

This is a discussion on MTAC or Supertuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NoNameMan I don't know what you mean. My MTAC covers the rear of the slide on my XDm just fine. I never ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MTAC or Supertuck

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMan View Post
    I don't know what you mean. My MTAC covers the rear of the slide on my XDm just fine. I never wear it with an undershirt, and it is extremely comfortable. This might be a different case for different guns, but I should also note that the belt clips are adjustable for height and cant. I have no experience with the Supertuck but I don't think it has this feature.

People on the XD forum totally love the Supertuck. I am sure it is an excellent IWB holster. They are both great choices.
    It may be different for your gun. In my case, both holsters were ordered for the same model HK. That said, the Crossbreed ST has more leather coverage (between the skin and the pistol) than my M-Tac. By a couple inches.

The SuperTuck is belt adjustable as much as the M-Tac. Probably 4" of verticle range for each of the two belt clips.

I do agree that both holsters are excellent. Whichever choice, I think the wearer will be happy.

2. Remove Ads

I don't know that you could go wrong with either...however...I LOVE my supertuck! it's comfy, rides great, and does a great job concealing my full size M&P. the hardware on the back is a non-issue...can't even tell it's there. and with the supertuck, you get to try it for 2 weeks...if you don't like it...send it back, get your refund and get the mtac...but I doubt that'll be the case! not many let you try it out without any penalty! Plus Crossbreed does business right...great values, great product, great customer service...not a bad thing I can say about them.
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

I will have to give them a call to see if they can make one for the P-11. I do not see it on their site.

Sponsor
    We can handle the P-11, we need to update the list

thanks
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

I have both and seem to be wearing the MTAC most of the time. They are both good so you can't really go wrong. I think I like the MTAC better because there isn't as much distance between the belt clips and I wear it for appendix carry. The SuperTuck has the belt clips spaced a little further apart. I also liked the original belt clips for the MTAC better than the SuperTuck but the SuperTuck now comes with metal clips which are better.
    NRA Life Member

having worn several ctac models, i bought an mtac about 6 months ago. currently, i have mtac bodies for a bhp, small frame glocks, and also for a glock 29/30. i have found the mtac to the most comfortable iwb i have worn, and i have tried a variety of iwb holsters in over 30 years of ccw. and, the mtac covers the slide area of my glocks just fine.

ed

The Supertuck is a good holster, but I prefer the MTAC with my H&K USP 45 Compact. They both stay put, and are easily adjustable, but the MTAC is a bit more comfortable...IMO, of course.
    Be Safe,
    Chuck

I have heard a lot of good things about MTAC and Supertuck. I doubt that you would go wrong with either. But I did not want a drawer full of holsters. I wanted my first IWB to be one I was wearing 10 years later (not likely -- but I wanted to try). So I spent the extra money to get a "The Answer" holster from Tucker Gunleather. They quoted a 2-month wait -- but mine was in stock and I got it in less than a week. I have been VERY pleased with it. I wear it all day every day.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

I also looked at "The Answer". One of the things that I liked about it was the belt clips. The looked like they would grab hold of my belt like a pitbull on a pork chop. But at 50% more than a MTAC I wondered if it is THAT much better.

You are right about the belt clips. The standard ones do hold "..like a pitbull on a pork chop..." on my gun-belt. But I actually use the velcro clips. I only used the standard clips while I was waiting for my gun-belt (I got mine from Beltman and am very pleased with it too).

While using the standard clips they did a superb job of holding the holster in close to my body. And no one ever commented on the clips. Sometimes I clipped my cell phone near the front one (but still out of the way of a potential draw) to help hide it. At the time I was using the standard black clips I was wearing a typical western style brown leather belt 1 and 1/2 inches wide with white stitching.

If you look on page 36 of the thread "Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed" you will find some pictures of the holster and the standard belt clips in the thread.

When I ordered a set of velcro clips from Tucker they came in within a few days.

I have attached some new pics of the holster with the Beltman belt and the velcro clips. (FYI -- I am carrying a Glock G23).

How much better is The Answer than MTAC? I honestly don't know, since I do not have an MTAC and have never had the chance to handle one. And again everything that I have heard about MTAC is extremely positive. But I can tell you the quality of The Answer by Tucker is first rate and his service is superb.
    Attached Images
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

Thank you for all of the comments. Even with a "tuckable" holster I would not be tucking my shirt. I wear my shirts at least one size larger than normal. I could probably get away with using a more comfortable OWB like a Don Hume H721 O.T. but to help keep the gun out of site as much as possible the IWB would be better.

Horse hide supertuck.

I have the supertuck and really like it. Both in and out of the car it just feels great.

M&P9c
    SW99 40cal.
    SuperTuck

I ordered a Don Hume H721 OT today. I will have to see how well it works with my long button up shirts. If it is not noticeable I will steer clear of IWB if at all possible. Maybe OWB will be more comfortable.

I have 2 MTACs and am very happy. The Supertuck is a very nice holster though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links